Sneakerpimp


top: c/o Sheinside - leather jacket: Zara - leggings: H&M - sneakers: Nike - watch: Swatch


Remember me losing my footing when it came to fashion, not being inspired anymore or knowing what I wanted to look like? I feel like the things that have happened to me the past half year (my dad dying, writing my thesis, graduating) have pushed me in a new direction, forced me to find myself again. 

That direction was set in motion when I bleached my ends last year and then even more so when I dyed them pink. Suddenly, I was reminded of the girl I was during my teens. The last time I dyed my hair was back then, when I was about 15. This was also the last time my style might have been described as sporty. At the time I considered myself part of the skater subculture, baring my stomach in baby T's and low waisted baggy pants, shuffling through life in sneakers. 

Every half year or so, my parents allowed me to buy one pair of shoes, invariably sneakers. My, how times have changed. Remember the time when you might say "I'm going to wear my grey shoes tomorrow" without that statement potentially referring to ten pairs of shoes? Moving away from the parental unit also meant moving away from quality>quantity as a guideline. Not too sure if that was a good thing.

ANYWAY! I'm into sporty stuff again, and I'm head over heels with these sneakers. Bought them in the sales at a nice discount and they walk like MARSHMALLOW CLOUDS. I realized I needed some actual comfy sneakers after getting blisters on both feet from my Converse after just an hour or two of walking. I've never found Converse THAT comfortable really, they just look cool. BUT SO DO THESE <3 I personally prefer real sneakers to the ubiquitous sneaker wedge, and now I can finally act on my love for the styles of Robyn, Yolandi Visser and Rihanna!

Are you liking the way my style is evolving? You can't resist these shoes, can you?

15 comments

  1. Heel leuk jurkje!!


    www.fashiable.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya girl! If you could actually walk anywhere in Phoenix I would only wear comfy tennis & sandals all day long but even so have been feeling more and more like ditching all my non-comfy shoes lately. Certainly nothing wrong w/ dressing sporty, you're pretty look adorable 24/7 no matter what & this is a fun look for you. Hope you have a fun weekend! What are you plans post-graduation btw?
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. De sneakers vind ik mss iets too sporty voor mij, maar ze zijn wel mooi en je staat ermee! Ik kreeg van mijn All Stars in het begin ook dikwijls rode tenen tot mijn verbazing, maar na 4 jaar heb ik er geen last meer van :).
    Btw, die boeddha-pose is grappig :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. mijn converse zijn al 6 jaar oud dus dat is het zeker niet :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several options open at the moment. I'll probably try to work on my academical resume to try and get a doctorate, but in the meantime (since I can't count on that), I'll have to get real job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shoes, and the (s)watch (have the same ;)). Leuke foto's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god, I love this outfit so much. Those shoes are AMAZING. You look so cool! I could not pull this off!


    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hele leuke foto's, love youuuurr shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super mooooi! Prachtige foto's. Wij volgen je!


    ReplyDelete
  10. Leuke outfit Annebeth! Awesome sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE. A good pair of comfy sneakers are a must for sure and these are very cool

    ReplyDelete
  12. My style has been shifting too, so I totally get what you go through fashionwise. I love you with any style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mijn voorkeur gaat ook uit naar de 'gewone' sneakers ipv. de wedged sneakers die je nu overal ziet! En ze zien er inderdaad echt heeeel comfortabel uit! Binnenkort ga ik mij ook eens een paar nieuwe sportschoenen/sneakers aanschaffen ;-)

    ReplyDelete