Day at the Park


dress, sneakers: H&M - scarf: vintage - watch: Swatch - friendship bracelets: DIY - sunglasses: ASOS


As you can probably deduct from these pictures, my sister and me spent a lovely, hot  and sunny afternoon at the park last week. Perfect summer day! I wore a new dress, a very light cotton dress I got at H&M in the sales. Breezy and relaxed, but still modest and classy enough to wear to work for example, so it fits my sales wishlist guidelines.

As you can ALSO see, I'm not the biggest fan of slides. This one was like 2 meters high and I STILL almost peed my pants going down, haha. My sister was obviously a lot more eager. I remember visiting a playground with a VERY high slide when I was about 16. After climbing the ladder all the way up and peering down the chute, I wasted no time at all to turn the hell around and get my ass down the way it got up in the first place: via the ladder.

Apart from almost DYING, our day was splendid. I wish I could spend an entire summer just doing absolutely nothing but kicking off my shoes, lying in the shade, reading books and spending time with the people I love.

14 comments

  1. HOE COOL is die blaasfoto? Heel erg fijne post weer, ik hoop dat de komende dagen er bij mij ook zo zomers uitzien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute photos! I love your sister's piano belt <3


    The Flight of Fancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh you're both so cute! I'm jealous of your summery weather (we're right into winter here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love slides and swings! Unfortunately, it seems the new model of swing sets has hard seats like the ones in your photo, and my hips are now TOO WOMANLY for the swing. My friend and I both discovered this was a problem when we eagerly went to swing and realized our lady-hips were too curvaceous to sit ourselves without pain. I much preferred the rubbery strap seats that allowed for ample bottoms. Also I have never known a person to fear slides! You must now like waterparks? It's so fun whizzing down though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uw gezichtsuitdrukking is echt priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! my sister had the same issue and I even hurt myself a bit even though I have quite narrow hips. UGH! :D

    I don't mind slides in waterparks though, water is soft to land in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha dramaqueeeen :) slides zijn helemaal niet scary! heel erg leuke foto's wel, ziet er een leuke dag uit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ma die ging echt heel stijl en heel snel :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zalige foto's, vooral als je die korreltjes blaast :) Het ziet er naar uit, dat jullie een leuke tijd hadden x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahahaha! I love how different you and your sister are about going down the slides!
    You are both adorable. I love your pink headscarf, and her piano belt is kind of amazing.
    I so want to go spend a day at the park now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very lovely photos, looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zalige post! Die foto van je zus op de glijbaan is echt zot goed!
    En het ziet er allemaal zo perfect uit, licht stofje jurk en lichte easy sneakers, band in het haar, aaaaaah relaxxxx :-D

    ReplyDelete