Converse Flatforms: BACK 2 THE 90s


top: hand-me-down - skirt: New Look - jacket: H&M - earrings: Topshop - flatform converse: Ebay

I'm perfectly aware of the fact that A LOT of people out there will basically barf at seeing these shoes. But since I'm not one of them (FLATFORMS 4 EVA), I'm super duper in love with my nineties-throwback kicks. I feel like Grungy Spice in this outfit. And God knows I would have given everything to have been the 6th Spice Girl

If you aren't sure about whether or not to take the plunge on these, let me break it down to you. They ARE super comfortable (don't feel like bricks when you walk in them at all), and YES they do make your feet appear larger. So do go for it if you are concerned with comfort, don't go for them if you are self-conscious about your feet. 

If you don't know how to style them: I think they look stellar with maxi skirts or leggings, but miniskirts work just as well! I was personally inspired by Lulutrixabelle to finally take the plunge and buy these already, as I had been going back and forth about it for months. I'm not going to wear them every day, but they are a very cool option to shake things up once in a while.

So, thoughts? Are you with me, nineties-nostalgia wise, or will you sit this one out?


PS: check out this awesome futuristic parking building. It was supposed to be the background of my pictures, but we couldn't get it in the picture.

20 comments

  1. wow gaaf joh die schoenen!
    www.jenniefromtheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your velvet skirt!! you look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kheb ook platforms! comfyzoooone! :D al draag ik ze enkel op skinny jeans of met omgeplooide broekspijpen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bedankt voor je reactie! vind je krullen echt super mooi gelukt! :)
    ik moet echt even goed oefenen, vind het nog best lastig en mijn haar
    is redelijk lang dus krijg niet alles goed op die roller haha!
    maar als het beter lukt zal ik nog eens foto's plaatsen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so fun!! But I never wear sneakers anymore...I can never find ones I like that aren't too expensive :/
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't like them, but I like how you styled it and I had a very similar top in yellow worn with yellow shorts and sandals for spicegirls movie premiere in my town :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove The Spice Girls, however not really liking the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had this getup with matching hot pants and a crop top in blue, I wore it with orange flatforms and lots of ponytails on my head :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt, but I think I'll be sitting out the Converse Flatforms. I love a bit of 90s revival, but no, flatforms aren't for me. I did own a silver pair of platform trainers as a kid though, that I LOVED, because I felt like a Spice Girl in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand, they are for the daring :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ik wist nog niet dat ze bestonden? Wauw, ze zijn wel gaaf maar niets voor mij, ik ben daar te "tuttig" voor, haha. Geef mij maar de gewone versie, want met men 1m75 ben ik zo al hoog genoeg! Toch, voor jou zijn ze een match made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. zo'n schoenen zijn niet echt men ding, alhouwel ik er wel heel mooie (met zebraprint!) heb gezien bij river island :) Vind ze wel leuk staan bij deze outfit!

    Nathalie - http://curls-and-bags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gespot aan Portus Ganda in Gent! Ik ben daar vlakbij naar school geweest en 16 jaar gewoond! Heerlijk toch, hé?! Ik haaat het Belgacom-gebouw trouwens haha! Ik heb geen nineties nostalgia, 'k was ook ietsje te jong maar u gaat het zo af!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ik was het perfecte doelpubliek van de spice girls indertijd, dus I got it hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I am gonna sit this one out. I dont like anything that makes my feet look larger but they surprisingly look cute on you. Not that everything doesnt look cute on you, just that these shoes are hard to pull of. Okay let me just stop.

    Stop by & enter my Skincare RX gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely a go go! Currently in love with these beauties: http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/kimchi-blue-snake-lace-up-flatform-shoes/invt/5313466120003/&bklist= :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The platform sneakers are adorable on you, but you're probably the only person who could pull them off!
    That velvet skirt, I would totally steal.

    ReplyDelete