Hurdy Gurdy Man


Hey lovers! I went ahead and typed out a detailed description to make my tuna risotto. Let me know if you try the recipe yourself! I love cooking. I get very inspired by the flavors and colors and I am an avid believer of the idea that you are what you eat. Not that I'm a healthy eating nazi (I have a passionate love affair with butter) but I do think that food should make you happy. Fast food doesn't make me happy, a pizza cooked from scratch does! If I had all the time in the world and a bigger garden, I would grow my own vegetables, bake my own bread, ferment my own cheese and so on and so forth. I would draw the line at slaughtering my own animals though. I would probably go veggie. Anyway: food is important in my life, I love to eat, and I love to cook. 
Cooking is a lot like fashion to me: you have your favorite combinations you reach for when you're feeling uninspired, and when the mood strikes you, you throw together the weirdest things. Sometimes it's an inedible mess, sometimes it's delicious. You master the combination of shapes, colors, prints, tastes and ideas and express yourself by creating your very own mix. If you discover a new ingredient you LOVE, you'll want to explore how it looks/tastes in all kinds of combinations. When you see something that inspires you, you want to try and put together something similar yourself. It makes you feel good. The clothes make the man, and you are what you eat.

Food and fashion, my great loves.


dress, tights, belt: H&M
flats: New Look

I've really been into statement tights, lately. Throw in some cute, sixties style flats and a printed dress and you have my outfit version of a grilled cheese sandwich: tasty, easy, fulfilling.

And I'm in love with my hair. Is that healthy?


PS: in case you're interested, my title is this song. Listen to it! One of my alltime faves. And if you love it, check out the cracked out cover by The Butthole Surfers! :D Maybe even better than the original!



PPS: I'm really not a fan of the new Gaga song. Born This Way has an amazing message, but the music is like Freedom by George Michael meets Express Yourself by Madonna meets working out music with the not so modern beats. Sigh. No Bad Romance at all.

31 comments

  1. love love the dress! those tights are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress, the belt is too cute! :D
    I like cooking but I'm really picky...its sad :( But when I move out I guess I'll start experimenting more with the things I do like, haha.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit :)
    Love the colors and the patten on the dress ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress and I LOVE risotto, so maybe have to give that a try...thanks sweets xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so cute and the tights are so bright and beautiful. Love the belt too. I agree with you about the new Gaga song, not her style at all and nothing special really. :))

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, those tights are perfection with that dress!

    http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice dresssss!!! Is amazing, lastspring seasson, the flowers was the "seasson queen", also this year semms the birds are "the kings" love it, cause are moore wishmistical than flowers....so seventyes!!! just love it!!! And that H&M dress is so so cute, i think i must to take a walk on H&M sooon.....
    Hug dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a foodie but I don't know how to cook myself. About the GAGA song, love the message but not the music. The dress is gorgeous on you, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, your outfit version of a grilled cheese perfection. Sounds like perfection. I love your statement tights, they are so vivid in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the belt!! and yeah those tights are very vivid in the pictures! it looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bright red tights! I guess you could say my last post was inspired by you and your dislike for boring black tights. Instead of the usual I went for something a little more colorful. You always have such wonderful taste in tights :) Thank you for the lovely comments!
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  12. another lovely outfit dear, i love the print on your dress, cute belt and pretty colours, also diggin' the hair ;)
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit. This dress is so cute! Your hair is great, the color is very nice.

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great styling! Love the sparrow belt (and those red tights are so hard to pull off! You look fabulous in them!!!)

    Bubbs...

    www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look lovely, i love the tights. not sure I could pull those off! lol xo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bright red tights - and the belt, love the belt!
    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looove this dress, it has such a lovely print!! And these tights are amazzzing, I wish my red ones were brighter. I rarely cook, because I still live at home and my dad is an amazing cook. But I food is a big love of mine. I would love to be able to cook!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I really love that dress! It looks great with the red tights too <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh ik ben echt gek op jou haar hé:) Ziet er echt prachtig uit!
    Plus i totally feel u met gaga haha! Soms is het nu eenmaal géén succes wat ze doet. In mijn opinie toch:p

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wat een prachtig kleedje ! Ik vind de kousen eronder wel wat minder omdat ze zo fel zijn.. Zou mss een iets dunnere kous kiezen, beetje transparanter ofzo.. Rood is wel beeeeeeldig !

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it is very healthy to be in love with your own hair. I love your belt a lot by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it is very healthy to be in love with your own hair. I love your belt a lot by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wat een prachtig kleedje ! Ik vind de kousen eronder wel wat minder omdat ze zo fel zijn.. Zou mss een iets dunnere kous kiezen, beetje transparanter ofzo.. Rood is wel beeeeeeldig !

    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look lovely, i love the tights. not sure I could pull those off! lol xo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your outfit. This dress is so cute! Your hair is great, the color is very nice.

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  26. another lovely outfit dear, i love the print on your dress, cute belt and pretty colours, also diggin' the hair ;)
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete