Beige this way

So, what do we think of Gaga's new music vid? Watch it here. I'm not sure what to think. I love the tripped out intro, but the rest is a bit dull. I think she probably sees this video as a clean cut break from the last album to her new one, like incubation or something, and that's why it's so clean and dark. So I get the concept, but I can't wait for her to go all the way again, weirdwise (props for who gets the The Apartment reference!). She does look extremely fierce with an eye for a chin, though.


On to my neutral outfit of the day!




Can you tell I'm SO ready for spring? A bit schizofrenic with the nordic sweater in the middle between the floral dress and my flower headband, but that's just how I roll! Not my favorite look of mine (ha!) but I like it well enough. Sometimes it's nice to wear something neutral, feels really clean and fresh. Is it bad that my version of simplicity contains mixed prints and a hippie headwreath? I'm such a weirdo.

Everytime I want to wear sweaters with all my high waisted skirts and dresses, it bothers me that there aren't more cropped sweaters in my closet (or stores for that matter). I find it so unflattering to wear fuller, high waisted skirts with sweaters that go down to my hips, it just doesn't work, proportionwise (again, The Apartment!). I scrunched this one up to have it look a bit cropped, and I'm sufficiently satisfied with the result. Not perfect, but good enough!

Now, after all my referrals to The Apartment, I might as well do a MOVIE RECOMMENDATION OF THE DAY!
I actually tuned into this one because Joan mentioned it on Mad Men (I'm such a Mad devotee)! I loved the characters, its (sometimes subtle, sometimes very in-your-face) critic on societal values, the dialogues, the jokes and of course the story. Sometimes playful and lighthearted, sometimes gritty and very confrontational, but all around very much worth your time. It really touched me, without it going the melodramatic route. One of the most "realistic" older movies I've seen, which provides a very interesting mix with Jack Lemon's over the top jokester nature.

C.C. Baxter: The mirror... it's broken.
Fran Kubelik: Yes, I know. I like it that way. Makes me look the way I feel. 

Fran Kubelik: When you're in love with a married man, you shouldn't wear mascara.  

Fran Kubelik: I never catch colds.
C.C. Baxter: Really? I was reading some figures from the Sickness and Accident Claims Division. You know that the average New Yorker between the ages of twenty and fifty has two and a half colds a year?
Fran Kubelik: That makes me feel just terrible.
C.C. Baxter: Why?
Fran Kubelik: Well, to make the figures come out even, if I have no colds a year, some poor slob must have five colds a year.
C.C. Baxter: [sheepishly] Yeah... it's me. 

C.C. Baxter: Ya know, I used to live like Robinson Crusoe; I mean, shipwrecked among 8 million people. And then one day I saw a footprint in the sand, and there you were.  

Total recommendation! A bit like a grittier version of Breakfast at Tiffany's (I didn't really like that one by the way).


 sweater: Pimkie
dress, tights: H&M
headband:  etsy (little honey pies)
shoes: ASOS

35 comments

  1. that floral dress looks lovely with your neutral sweater, beige is never boring :) hehe! i personally hate lady gaga, she drives me batty! the beginning of that clip was interesting though, i felt like i was about to watch a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love beige on you - it totally fits with/accents your new hair.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. super schattig!! girl you can never go wrong!! ook dit rock je weer helemaal.
    gaga's nieuwe clip vond ik echt bizar! vooral het begin uiteraard, sooooo bizarre. moet nog even bezinken. het nummer is wel heerlijk overigens, maakt me niet uit of het een kopie van madonna is ik hou gewoon van de boodschap! :)
    x
    www.noboundariesjustseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha, I'm laughing out loud at the quotes from The Apartment! Awesome, I have to find that one and watch it!
    Your outfit makes me want Spring too!! No more snow pleeeease!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can change.. i swear ill change! just please dont leave me :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore boots sorta like that today!! :D Darker and taller though, haha...but the toe part is the same :)
    I love this outfit, neutrals are lovely! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your dress and boots so much!
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. beige looks great on you!
    & fantastic floral print!

    http://17-candles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flower crown! That's my next project. You look so lovely, as always,

    Thanks for the link for the dress. I really really want it but I have to see if I really need another one. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the floral crown, you look like a pretty fairy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when floral crowns are incorporated into an outfit! It always looks so pretty- and I especially like yours with the dark pink.. it matches your skirt! I can't wait to get to the craft store to buy some supplies so I can make myself one- I think it is such a pretty accessory.

    Bah- Gaga... I can't help but feel bored of her- is it safe to put this statement in writing? Some people are die-hard fans, and these words are incriminating :P Ooo 4 cats and 3 dogs?!! ur soooo luckkyyyyy!! And I'm glad to find out you got into Hogwarts- this way I'll know someone on my first day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the floral skirt! Great look!
    Kiss:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww. Such a cute look. I love the neutral tones of this outfit. The flower crown is just so perfect on you too.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the muted neutral color combination.

    Question... Do you just photoshop yourself into the background? Because it looks like it in some of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look, it's like a little mixture of 50s and 70s flower childish thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Er zijn wel vrij veel cropped tops/truien in de winkel deze dagen vind ik.. mss tijd om nog eens te gaan shoppen? :)

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wauw, super mooie outfit meid!

    ReplyDelete
  18. het doet me een klein beetje denken aan een eerstecommunicant, maar dat geeft niet :-D mooi hoor, vooral op die je laatste foto sta je kei goed

    ReplyDelete
  19. i really love this! the colours are gorgeous, i love the sweater layered over the floral dress! I know what you mean about wearing normal length sweaters over high waisted skirts. it just doesnt work! I think this one looks fab like this though :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, I first clicked on the link, watched the video and thought: 'hm I like the intro but the actual video is pretty ridiculous.' and then read your comment on it ^^
    I like your version of clean chic :D or better said clean color plette chic. This sweater is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with your Lady Gaga comments! My official opinion is that while I don't think she's using sex to sell records, I feel like a lot of the video was too much conventional pop star underwear dancing for me to take her message seriously.

    Great outfit though! I have similar boots so I am always happy to see what's been worn with them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have not seen the Gaga video yet, I'm just very bored of her, dont know why, maybe it's because she's not thata amazing or a genius and I'm fed up of hearing about her art or her extreme outfits *yarn* see? I even bore myself hehe
    Will surely check out The Apartment, added to the must watch list.
    Love this outfit and also have a tendency to wear cropped jumpers with dresses and skirts, they do look fab :)
    Bisous from southern France

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this look so much because of the color, the pale beige looks fabulous on you. The skirt with the little colorful flowers matches perfectly. The sweater is oh so adorable. Love the gorgeous boots. they are so perfect with this look, I adore the details, especially the flowers in your hair. Oh I can almost feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the beige looks so amazing on you!! And the bright floral headband makes the look so phenomenal!! I love this outfit
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this look so much because of the color, the pale beige looks fabulous on you. The skirt with the little colorful flowers matches perfectly. The sweater is oh so adorable. Love the gorgeous boots. they are so perfect with this look, I adore the details, especially the flowers in your hair. Oh I can almost feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. super schattig!! girl you can never go wrong!! ook dit rock je weer helemaal.
    gaga's nieuwe clip vond ik echt bizar! vooral het begin uiteraard, sooooo bizarre. moet nog even bezinken. het nummer is wel heerlijk overigens, maakt me niet uit of het een kopie van madonna is ik hou gewoon van de boodschap! :)
    x
    www.noboundariesjustseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol, I first clicked on the link, watched the video and thought: 'hm I like the intro but the actual video is pretty ridiculous.' and then read your comment on it ^^
    I like your version of clean chic :D or better said clean color plette chic. This sweater is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i really love this! the colours are gorgeous, i love the sweater layered over the floral dress! I know what you mean about wearing normal length sweaters over high waisted skirts. it just doesnt work! I think this one looks fab like this though :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the look, it's like a little mixture of 50s and 70s flower childish thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i can change.. i swear ill change! just please dont leave me :'(

    ReplyDelete