Spring Begin

No idea what I was doing here but I liked the picture anyway so WHATEVAHZ

As you can see, the weather was ultra lovely. It was actually almost warm in the sun, not crazy windy, and I am still on my break from school so I had all the time in the world to enjoy it! I grabbed some old magazines and sat my ass on the grass, in the sun. It was too cold to let go of my tights, but in a few weeks  (ok a lot of weeks) I might be able to ditch those too! The sun makes me such a happy person. I really need some sun to get an energyboost. And inspiration has been lacking too, lately, so I'll be glad to start the new season. I was also having a very good hair and face day, so yeah, it was a good day indeed! 
This outfit started out being a bit sucktacular, but I just kept piling on the layers and I ended up with this concoction. I quite like it now. More is more in my book.



dress, clogs, belt: H&M
scarf, tights, coat: Pimkie



 I'm a two store offender once more!


MOVIE RECOMMENDATION OF THE DAY: SUMMER OF SAM



I am not a Spike Lee fan at all. I like his message, and it's a message that has to be told for sure, but he basically shoves it down our throats and makes us hurl it back up with his signature black vs white racial meltingpot movies.  However, Summer of Sam is different. The unease and the thin veil of civilisation coming off from time to time are still there, and the setting is still New York New York, that horrible magnificent place. But the fact that the whole theme isn't centered around racial hate makes this movie more widely resonant. The hate is still there, but it is focused on human race as a whole. The Son of Sam murders and the sveltering summer heat create an atmosphere of doubt, excitement, anger and overal psychological and societal turmoil: add in a bit of disco and punk and you got yourself a winner.
The characters are a colorfull and very memorable bunch, and the soundtrack is a marvel. But I'm probably biased because I'm such a huge The Who fan. Btw: what happened to Mira Sorvino? She used to be such a hip actress, and she doesn't really seem to get work anymore these days. I always loved her.

PS: I ordered that lovely River Island dress I told you about. I ended up going for the black one with the print because pretty white summerdresses are easier to find. I really fell in love with this one. I'm just a bit worried about the sizing, because even if I'm usually a size 8/europe 36, this dress seems to be quite snug up top and normally I'd order one size up and just take it in a bit to make it fit, but the larger size was sold out so I just had to take the gamble. Oh well, we'll see I guess. I'm super excited about OWNING it :-D




PPS: I was wearing weird sunnies
glasses: H&M

33 comments

  1. <ohhh !!! im your fist coment honored:)

    What a niiice dresss love it, and the bag and that belt....im not foud same at H&M in spain.....Im sad :( love the birds!!!
    mmm oragen nails on foots, like it!!! lately use to be my predilect nial poslish on hands ha ha ha
    kisses darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty, ahh love the layering. Those shoes?! Perfect on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't to see you modelling the dress! And I love the green shoes, nothing says "spring" like green shoes.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! every so often there's a time I think floras have been worn to death someone does something fresh and fun. today that someone is you! i love the colors you put together, the white tights (so much more fun than black, but tricky to pull off), and the clogs. super love this! following <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit!! AND YAYYY! I want that dress...haha...but I must resist ;)
    I hope it fits you well :)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great outfit! The belt is so cute and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!! I love everything about this outfit. And your bag is amazing. The dress you ordered is so pretty, I can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this a lot, all the mixing and bright unexpected green shoes make me want spring RIGHTNOW! your hair's lookin' good, too might I add :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha "more is more" tends to be my motto too :P Love this dress with the purple scarf and shoes! My favourite are the sunnies though, I'm a sucker for round frames, the bigger and rounder the better!
    That River Island dress is amaaaaazing, lucky you :D
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the queen of white tights, you wear them so well! I love the purple and green combo today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwwwww sooo pretty. love the colorful outfit ~!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so adorable!

    http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty, all the colours! divine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these colours together, and that dress is wonderful. More is always more. I could never be a minimalist, i'd feel naked! And I am soo jealous of your nice weather, it was -15 this morning. Booo. I am so glad you got that dress, I'm excited to see how you wear it! :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat een lief jurkje! Ik vind je hakken oof echt mooi, ik wil ze in het bruin:) Vandaag is het bewolkt, blugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. All of it; the fact that spring had sprung also here in Germany, that the sun is shining and the birds are singing and your spring like outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superleuke outfit! Ik zou er zelf niet direct op komen maar het staat je echt goed :)
    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those shooooooes! They are awesome, such a gorgeous green colour, and they are so cute with the tights x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm super jealous of your warming weather!! the clogs are purrrrrfect like a cats birthday.

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore everything about this outfit! Love the white textured tights + the green shoes are perfect. And I am total sucker for floral prints! You look gorgeous. Yay, bring it on, I am ready for Spring! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow nice outfit.
    I did get some sales items, and now I am craving for springy dresses like those, but I didn't bring any dresses apart from a black one.. boo. I might buy one, I am loving those with peter pan collars from New Look. gotta love peter pan oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  22. well you now know we are all dying to see your outfit post with the new acquisition ;)
    Back from London and feel so deflated about blogging...aggghhhh, but the first thing i did was to get up to date with your blog posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. je ziet er zo leuk uit:) Hele mooie jurk haha en die sunnies staan je wel :p
    Waarom lijkt het trouwens zomer in jou fotos!:o

    Oja: je pantys zijn ook echt een succes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing style dear, you look gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just totally love those clogs. They are so wonderfully spring-y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh, hier word ik zo blij van! Niet alleen van de vrolijke lente kleurtjes maar ook van het feit dat ik toevallig hetzelfde jurkje én schoenen heb! voel me gewoon vereerd haha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me thinks your sunnies are great. Love the floral dress and green shoes. I think Mira Sorvino won an Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite or I could be wrong. I'm trying to remember it without searching the web and using google. She was a great actress but like you, I also wondered what happened to her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. aww I'm so glad you chose the black dress. I never saw Summer of Sam, I don't think. I remember wanting to long ago. Now I don't want to. I know what happened and watched documentaries on it, so that should be good enough for me. I remember my mom being a little scared at that point in time because we live pretty close to NYC and my one brother was just born the start of 1977 so he was a little guy then. I don't think she ever actually went into the city though, but she said so many people were really scared during that time. Truly. The news was a place people were glued to.

    ReplyDelete
  29. aww I'm so glad you chose the black dress. I never saw Summer of Sam, I don't think. I remember wanting to long ago. Now I don't want to. I know what happened and watched documentaries on it, so that should be good enough for me. I remember my mom being a little scared at that point in time because we live pretty close to NYC and my one brother was just born the start of 1977 so he was a little guy then. I don't think she ever actually went into the city though, but she said so many people were really scared during that time. Truly. The news was a place people were glued to.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Me thinks your sunnies are great. Love the floral dress and green shoes. I think Mira Sorvino won an Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite or I could be wrong. I'm trying to remember it without searching the web and using google. She was a great actress but like you, I also wondered what happened to her.

    ReplyDelete