Have you ever seen the rain



I'm fully aware of the fact that these pics suck donkeyballs, but it was raining  and dark and gross so this was the best I could come up with. Rain -> need to keep hair dry -> hat. I quite like the hat with this outfit, so I guess I was majorly inspired by the weather? I'm not that in love with this look, but mostly because it looks craptacular in the pics. It looked a lot better in real life, but you'll just have to trust me on that one.


I'm kinda bummed that almost EVERY blogger is packing up to go check out NYFW right now, and I'm stuck here in crappy rainy Belgium. Also, all of my friends at school have left on Erasmus to study abroad, so I have virtually no one left to have fun with :( It'll feel like the first days at a new school. That sucks. I'm too old for this crap! And it's so hard to find people I actually LIKE, you know? I'm quite a sociable person, but I find it exhausting to have to be all "yeay lets have fun" with people that don't share my sense of humor. I feel like I always need to entertain those people instead of having a good two way interaction. Oh well, we'll see I guess. I'm just a bit down about it.


I made tuna-pine nut risotto! Omznomz


If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll type it out!

edit:  you guys were pretty clear about the fact you DID want me to share my recipe, so here it is!


you'll need:
  • butter 
  • olive oil 
  • small onion
  • risotto rice 
  • 1,2 liter of either chicken or fish stock (I used chicken, but I found it drowned out the tuna flavor. Oh and I just used those dried cubes you dissolve in boiling water)
  • salt and pepper
  • canned tuna or grilled tuna (recipe lists 225 gram, but I'd suggest using more, like 300-320 gram)
  • black olives, about 30 of them I guess? (I used green ones because my grocery store doesn't carry normal black olives, tastes better too)
  • some artichokes
  • 1 teaspoon chopped parslay (I prefer flat leaf)
  • 1 teaspoon chopped marjoram or oregano
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I used more like 4, the tangy flavor compliments the tuna)
  • 50 grams of pine nuts (I'd go easy on these, because their taste is quite strong in the end product)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • some fresh tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded and chopped (I used 3 tomatoes, and my master tip to peel them is to just use a peeler like this one instead of going through that tedious boiling process)
  • some parmezan cheese
  • cayenne pepper (powderform) 
  • I also added a couple sundried tomatoes because I loved the color and sweetness it adds.
Prep:
1. Heat some butter with a bit of olive oil in a deep pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry until glazed. Lower heat, add the rice and stir for about 2-3 minutes until the rice also goes glazy. Start adding the stock, a little at a time with a ladle. Keep doing this for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is creamy and has absorbed most/all of the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.


2. Meanwhile, put the tuna in a bowl and separate it into flakes. Add tuna, parsley, marjoram and vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne powder.


3. Heat some oil in a small pan with the heat on high. Roast the pine nuts and garlic for 2 minutes and brown them a bit. Add the tomatoes and stir everything around. Let it heat through for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes go a bit gooey or saucy. Add this tomatomix to the tunamix, and add all of it to the finished risotto. Stir around, add parmezan and serve. Bon appetit!

poncho, socks, hat: H&M
boots: Texto
striped shirtdress: Pimkie



26 comments

  1. Yum! I want the recipe, it looks divine. Haha my mom was just saying we should have a risotto sometime. Ooh totally cool poncho! It looks really cozy and I love how you've styled it. The socks with the boots are spot on, and the hint of stripes underneath is really chic. A piece like that definitely presents a style challenge but you made it look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat ik zo leuk vind aan jouw stijl is dat je zowel ultra-vintage als Parijs-chic zo goed kan dragen! Heel mooie outfit.

    Enneh.. ik wil eigenlijk écht wel graag dat recept! Ziet er ZO lekker uit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annebeth that risotto looks goooood, I loooove risotto. Feel the same way about the fashion weeks, and will feel worse with the London one, as I never have the means to go. Last year I had a crappy job that hardly gave me any days off and this year I'm broke with a bad back hence my disappointment.

    On the friends' front I know exactly how you feel, the whole having to make friends, or going out with people with whom you have to make an effort is such a drag. I've really experienced it since I moved to Belgium and had to befriend strangers or my partner's friends... it's exhausting.

    But you never know when you will bump into someone you will actually click with, with a ridiculously similar sense of humour or sarcasm,it happens eventually, people with whom you have to make no effort. I don't know, something like that. I'm moving countries again very soon, so same drill, meeting people...
    Anyways I'm in Antwerp for shopping tomorrow, yipeee! cannot wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great & yummy food:)

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so nice! Love the food, and the socks with the boots. Lovely, I love
    Flossie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this outfit! Look so warm and comfy. All the layers seem just perfect together, you always pull off the greatest looks :)

    I totally understand you on the making new friends front, it can be so hard to find people with similar interest and energy! Especially when you already have friends we love bu they are just in another part of the world and we don't get to see them much. Friendship is like love, it does not happen upon you everyday. It's magical and precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got same drsss!!!!! Honey im wishing show you my nex outfit with my new hat!!! im so shure you love it!!! :)
    Hug babe!!
    good cooking girl so nice im so bad on cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ORANGE over the knee socks. Your closet and dresser must be overflowing with cuteness. love it

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, your socks match your hair, that's so cool! I love the outfit :)
    Well, don't be sad, I'm not going to NYFW either :) I'm stuck in rainy Czech Republic and - would you believe that - I'm watching the old episodes of Friends and crying like mad about Ross and Rachel breaking up...how lame is that? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always jealous of anyone that can pull off a poncho...I look like I'm smuggling drugs whenever I try to wear one. Love this whole look!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the recipe! I´m hungry now.
    Hey, Annebeth! U can translate my blog (in the right side of the page).
    I need rain, here it´s hot.

    kiss

    itupgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I love this look!! I have that poncho in camel, and you've given me a wicked idea for how to style it ;) I'll definitely give you all the credit for inspiration!
    I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to find people that you "like" and needing to entertain them... I function well in social situations, but I'm actually a huge introvert who likes small groups (like two or three people) better than big gatherings. Heh.

    Also, please do post the recipe! I'm so hungry now, haha ;)
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. now this post made me hungry! ^_~

    love your cape dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous!!!!

    nice blog,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg! Dat ziet er heerlijk uit! Ik ben echt een sucker voor tonijn EN risotto. Hmmm
    Ik vind je outfit ook superleuk, die sokken maken het echt af!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm begrijp het, zeker op twitter lees ik al die tweets van de bloggers die daar zijn: niet goed voor die jaloezie! Het zou leuk zijn als we volgend jaar met allerlei Belgische bloggers naar daar konden gaan :) Laten we hopen dat we snel wat credibiliteit winnen!
    Zo slecht vind ik de foto's niet, en je ziet er leuk uit!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing look dear! You look stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures and blog!
    Maybe we can follow each?
    xxx

    www.fashionapp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. De foto's zijn echt niet zo crappy hoor :p
    Leuke outfit !

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your cape/poncho - so fab!
    Love your blog!

    www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving this pancho/cape on you, its so cozy looking. Don't be down about NYFW its overcrowded and too expensive. I live/work in NYC but since I have a job in an office that pays no attention to fashion I will be working and going home and carrying on as usual (though some awfully stylish girls who probably wouldn't normally wear such outlandish outfits have been popping into the subway). I wish I could duck out of work to attend an event, alas, I would like to keep my job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i wish i was just living next door so that i can just knock and ask for the recipe or ask you to cook for me or something like it. i do know how to fry. haha! the food really looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your outfit is lovely, I like the color and the shape combination you have going on here. The food looks delicious, I'll take notes for the recipe too! :))

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweater cape! I've been hunting for a cape of my own forever. I love the way you styled it -- hat for mensweariness, tall leather boots for unexpected hawtness.

    Also, I know how you feel about the friends bailing thing. In the last few weeks at my last job, all my buddies kept getting other jobs and leaving. That office was like a mausoleum for a while. (Annnd then I left, and met even MORE awesome people! So...chin up. There's probably some good stuff on the other side of a couple weeks' worth of awkward.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh your outfit is so cute! I love the poncho and how your dress just barely peeks out underneath - cute, but slightly sexy at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete