Varsity Blues




I bought this cardigan for 2 euro because it's warm and chunky but still light, and I love the collegiate vibe it gives off. Of course I had to pair it with one of my plaid skirts and a band T (the Beatles, my eternal love). Simple, comfy and cute! I like how all of these pieces "fit" together, they all refer to a certain type of girl and a certain type of subculture, making sure it all works together.  I still have that clear image in my mind of what I want to look like, and sixties/collegiate/girly/modest/slight edge is still the way I'd describe it! I don't think I've ever been as certain about the way I wanted to look, and I love it. Having a "look" totally makes not buying stuff you don't need so much easier: I just go "does this fit my thang", and if it doesn't, I walk away without a doubt in my mind. Of course, when something DOES fit my ideal, it is a lot harder to say no. I've been eying this parka on ASOS, but I want to wait until I just CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE because I'm in control like that. Except that I am not.
:(


And I still adore my hair and the way it edgifies (totally made up that word just now, I like doing that) any outfit. And I'm at that length again where I get all uncertain about whether I should go for somewhat shorter when I get my hair cut next time, or keep it longer. I like it both in different ways, what can I say!


t-shirt, tights: H&M
cardi, skirt: T2 (vintage)
shoes: Sacha

19 comments

  1. Loving your outfit especially the fact you have blue tights. I am your newest follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love the beatles T paired with that oversize granma sweater and the scottish kilt-like plaid skirt. It combines to create a totally awesome outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fantastic t-shirt of abeey road, i remeber, when i was in London....i get the tipical photosnap on abey road and croshing the street as Beatles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That parka = amazinggggg XD
    And I love this outfit, woohooo for the Beatles! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your thang, lol! I really like this cardigan though, it kinda reminds me of cricket (well in australia anyway) but in a good way, cos i hate that game. anyway yep, you're really one of the only ppl that can pull this ensemble off so well ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♪Love love love♪
    ..haha, get it? Love your outfit, and The Beatles, and it's a Beatles song... yah ;)
    That cardigan is so lovely! It looks so cuddly, it looks like that thick kind of cotton knit that's heavy but works in summer. Know what I mean?
    Love your shoes too!

    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute outfit. I love the cardigan, but my favorite thing are those shoes. ADORABLE. So cute.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rockin' quite a Vibe here, it's true. But it really isn't anything that's been done before, it that makes sense. Because you aren't preppy, you aren't punky, you aren't collegiate... it's a nice mishmash of each. You're, k'know, YOU! Annebeth! This outfit is so quintessentially you. Very cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the feel of this outfit!! You look so awesome, i love the band t with that plaid skirt. Sooo cute!! Such a great look
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much to love about this look. all the pieces are fabulous on their own, but what a great idea to combine them. The t-shirt looks so phenomenal, i don’t like the Beatles, but I like this t-shirt. The skirt looks divine, I always love English/Scottish influences. And that cardigan, the white and the red looks stunning. What can I say more, it is not my style but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The T-shirt is gorgeous and I love how you paired it with a plaid skirt and the cardi fits just perfectly! xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those shoes :)

    I am ever so "controlled" in my wardrobial spending too. I'll get all antsy when I want something bad and all the while I am indignant at how needful yet another piece of cloth seems. That parker is pretty cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fantastic is that: I love, love the Beatles and I have a skirt exactly like that, ahhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like what you did here :) preppy but still girlie! Pretty :)
    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool! I love the band tee <3 And "edgify" is the word of the day, I say! I'm gonna use it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oehhh dit is echt te leuk! Het is echt helemaal jou maar toch zit er weer een aparte twist aan! Super gaaf gedaan
    x
    www.noboundariesjustseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit! I'm also a diehard Beatles fan (I have a tattoo with a quote from Lovely Rita), so any incorporation of a Beatles shirt into a pretty outfit has my vote!

    ReplyDelete