Who shot Candy Warhol

dress: h&m
necklace: COS
shoes: sac d'anvers

I love the vintage vibe this dress has, from fabric to print to cut. I especially love the print and it immediately caught my eye during last year’s summer sales. 10 euro! At the time I couldn’t try it on as I was on my break from work, but I bought it anyway and tried it on at work. I was quite disappointed when I realized it was too tight on the back, as there was a tight elastic band running just below my shoulder blades. Whenever something is wrong with a garment, I ponder on it, while staring at the garment, and wait for an epiphany. In the case of this dress, I decided on cutting open the fabric that contained the elastic band, and just remove it. Et voila, the dress fit perfectly! Love it with these simple shoes. They are probably one of my favorite pairs if they were dirt cheap but look quite expensive, and are both high and comfortable! they have a hidden platform in the front which adds to the retro look and makes the stiletto a bit more practical.
The necklace is from COS and is kind of weird, but I love weird jewelry. I’m also wearing my new watch! I’m so happy with it, dirt cheap and so cool. I’d been wanting a boyfriend-style watch for ages but I couldn’t afford one I liked, and then I spotted one online marked down to 14 euro! Couldn’t let that one slip by my clicky fingers now, could I? It’s gold, and while I usually don’t wear gold, it just appealed to me and looked “right”, even with my silver ring. Love it.

OK, that’s it for my outfit! Now on my life: my mom is moving out of the house I grew up in, which is kind of sad as I’ll miss the feeling of always being able to come home to that place and the hidden spots and corners where I spent my childhood being a tomboy, but I’m looking at the bright side: my mom is going through all our old stuff and putting things I might be intersted in aside. The list of things include: childhood pictures, a sewing machine, books I read religiously when I was a kid, my favorite barbie, old clothes of my mom’s etcetera etcetera. Very exciting!! I really want to learn how to sew. I’ll let you know when I have it, if you guys have some easy DIY’s let me know then! :D

10 comments

  1. Hooray for learning to sew! It's super easy once you get the hang of it. And now you can make awesome clothes for cheapy cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress and necklace are gorgeous! Great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you`re the Queen of dresses:)amazing print:)
    follow me http://elekonchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sewing is so much fun. I learned it a really, really long time ago but somehow it sticks. I've fixed up a lot of my clothes on my own! It saves money too. I hope you learn!

    I just started following your blog and I must say I enjoy your posts. You're one of the blogs I look forward to reading. Alright! Enough cheesiness.

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! And I love the black pumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a sweet compliment, Yasmeen! it means the world to me!! and thanks so much to the other sweet girls as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sewing is so much fun. I learned it a really, really long time ago but somehow it sticks. I've fixed up a lot of my clothes on my own! It saves money too. I hope you learn!

    I just started following your blog and I must say I enjoy your posts. You're one of the blogs I look forward to reading. Alright! Enough cheesiness.

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete