Going Commando

I haven’t worn a bra in days, the band that goes under your breasts and across your back is just such a sweattrap and I can’t stand it. So I resort to dresses that look fine without bra. I don’t mind the “floppiness” of real boobs without a firm bra, but I don’t like people seeing too much, if you catch my drift. Makes me feel exposed. I’d rather keep them guessing. This maxi has a bikini-like top part that keeps em in place and in check. I wore the dress with my uber comfy tie-up sandals and was so grateful for having a dress that feels like you aren’t wearing anything, because it really is way too hot for clothes you can actually feel. Pfffffffffff
 dress, sandals: h&m

My boyfriend and I went to the mall to get some ice cream and enjoy the airco. We also bought my guy some new shorts, as he didn’t have any respectable (as far as shorts on guys can be respectable) shorts because he hates them. He’s slowly getting his head around the fact that it is just not possible to survive the summer heat in long trousers as the sun is as warm as it is now. Last week, we bought some white linnen cargo shorts, and this week I got him to buy lilac knee shorts. People should wear color in summer and I love us being the weird dressed couple. Life’s too short to wear boring stuff all the time, and lilac is pretty. I love how much of an influence I have on him because this is the guy that was still stuck in the eightties new wave style zone when I met him, all black and baggy and dated. And now he wears lilac shorts, fedoras and the gladiator sandals I bought him for his birthday. VICTORY IS MINE



We had some supergood mussels with french fries for dinner, and it was an alround beautiful saturday. I’m glad Germany won against Uruguay, they were too good not to get some recognition! And today, all of you have to root for the Netherlands with me!!!

How are you guys surviving summer? Seems like there is a global heatwave going on or something. Oh, and do you ever not wear a bra? Why (not)?

14 comments

  1. I try to avoid not wearing a bra if at all possible. I'm too self-conscious to be all flopping about.

    I really admire people who have the guts to go bra-less, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wear a bra all the time, feels more right for me..
    I love your dress (as I've said on chictopia..) and the shoes are adorable too :)

    Diana
    Songs and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik overleef de zomer in mijn bikini! =D Voor het geval dat iedereen ineens wil zwemmen xD
    En naar de zee gaan helpt ook zeer goed! Ben gisteren geweest en had ook een maxi dress aan! Aangezien ik wat achter sta met mijn foto's zal het pas morgen op mijn blog te zien zijn denk ik =D

    En ik heb je vandaag in de krant zien staan met je hoedje! =D

    *X*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice sandals!!! :D

    God its hot here too... and I am a year older (well a day older anyway!!)!! ;)

    I have had a couple of bra free days around the house but not out, It feels odd not to I think!

    Have a great Sunday and good luck with the football, Netherlands for the win!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anastasia:
    Heb je me echt in de krant gezien? :D kan je een foto nemen of inscannen en het me tonen, zou het ook graag zien :D

    Km: thank youuuuu and congrats again! it does feel odd, but it requires a bit of getting used to and then it just feels so free! :D thanks for rooting for us!

    thanks, Diana and Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so comfortable! Good job on your boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja ik zal proberen om het vanavond te scannen =D Stond trouwens in De Morgen =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually had the same discussion about bras with my husband. My dress last night wouldn't have been okay without a bra, unforutnately. Just too afraid of too much exposure, if you know what I mean. I do love dresses where wearing a bra isn't always needed, especially in the hot summer heat. Love the one you are wearing! It look very comfortable while being very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, some outfits just look awful without a bra. It really differs from person to person (your "look" has a lot to do with it, if you are the blond sexy type, going braless can look tacky) and from outfit to outfit. Thanks! :)

    anastasia: dankjewelllll, spannend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry abot the football but you look affortless in that dress, gorge! x

    www.clazzerati.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is beautiful! And man in the summer its a blessing when you are able to not wear a bra!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh nice sandals!!! :D

    God its hot here too... and I am a year older (well a day older anyway!!)!! ;)

    I have had a couple of bra free days around the house but not out, It feels odd not to I think!

    Have a great Sunday and good luck with the football, Netherlands for the win!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to wear a bra all the time, feels more right for me..
    I love your dress (as I've said on chictopia..) and the shoes are adorable too :)

    Diana
    Songs and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete