Ulysses

I was in the mood to dress comfy and casual, but I still wanted to wear my bodycon white lace dress. How to make such a sweet garment a bit more casual? Why, wear a blouse over it of course! Enter this oversized green H&M men’s department blouse and these comfy, edgy wedges et voila. Something I’d see Chloe Sevigny in.



(not wearing the green nailpolish in these pictures yet, obviously )
dress, shirt, shoes: h&m
watch: asos
ring: alex monroe

I saw The Hours yesterday. I didn’t dislike it (Julianne Moore and Nicole Kidman played wonderful parts), but I think I expected more from it. It did however inspire me to try and read some Virginia Woolf in the future. We went to the mall as well, and I was set on finding myself some light green nail polish in the perfect pastel-jade shade. I didn’t find THE perfect shade, but I bought two cheap bottles: one was the right tone, but a bit too dark, and the other contained white nail polish. I was inspired by my own action of mixing together the perfect lilac nail polish when I couldn’t find it in stores, so this time I wanted to mix the perfect green. But the bottles were both too full to go dripping from one into the other, so I just coated my nails in two layers of white, and one thin layer of the green on top et voila, perfect nails! Very glad with the result, it’s pastel but not too sweet, more like a muted neon green or something. Great when you have a bit of a tan :) 

I'm still looking for the perfect bright pale pink lipstick as well, but no luck on that front yet. The pale pinks you find in shops are almost always shimmery and I want mine to be matte.




I like the one in the left, but it could be a bit more artificial-pink, if you know what I mean. The one in the pic is a tad too natural.


and this one is a bit too purple, but I think you know which shade I mean now?


 
this one is pretty much it! perfectly pink, matte, gorgeous, want! It's Mac's 'Snob', am definitely going to look for it!

Ok that's it for today, enjoy your sunday boys and gals!

10 comments

  1. That's a BOLD pink to wear. I don't think I'd ever be able to pull that off! I stick to natural colors and the classic red but I would love to see it on you :D

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be an every-day color, but I'd love to wear it with really girly outfits or with bold black eye make up and edgier looks! :D you could go sweet or punky with it I reckon. I love my reds and naturals too :) my fave is a natural fuschia one, almost wear it every day!

    http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008CTR/VALENTIN/DETAILS/01080m.jpg

    basically this color, love it to death! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit :)
    i've got the same nail polish.


    check out my blog if you have time ;)
    its all about FASHION.

    xox
    sarah from http://madame-lala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how make the dress look fresh and cool with the men's shirt!

    And I can't wait so see the lipstick on you, you will look like Snow White :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dress with the oversized shirt... gives it a fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i looooove pink lips! and that lace dress in white is sweet!

    xx
    JL
    http://joannaladrido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace of the dress paired with the sweet mint green of the shirt/jacket makes me smile! It screams summer!

    As for lipstick, have you tried MAC's Pink Nouveau? Looks like what you're looking for, maybe? Good luck!!

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lace of the dress paired with the sweet mint green of the shirt/jacket makes me smile! It screams summer!

    As for lipstick, have you tried MAC's Pink Nouveau? Looks like what you're looking for, maybe? Good luck!!

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looooove pink lips! and that lace dress in white is sweet!

    xx
    JL
    http://joannaladrido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute outfit :)
    i've got the same nail polish.


    check out my blog if you have time ;)
    its all about FASHION.

    xox
    sarah from http://madame-lala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete