Boom boom pow

Ola! How is your day? Mine just started, but I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be a good good dayhayhay. I just got of the phone with my summerjob’s employer and my hours for the first week are really really good so I’m pretty glad. I’ve also been looking at old pics my mom brought over (she’s moving and sorting through old stuff), and it is absolutely awesome to see yourself evolving in pictures from baby to cute kid in princess dresses to lanky and angsty teenager to now. People change a lot in a few years. And I really wore some hideous clothes. My parents are hippies, so that should tell you guys enough. Long skirts, long sweaters, clashing colors, horrible prints. I might try and provide you guys with some visual evidence of my ugly past, but I don’t have a scanner at hand.
Anyway, even though I looked awful, just seeing these memories coming back to life in front of my eyes was awesome.


So I wore an awesome dress to celebrate that fact! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of wearing my H&m Garden Collection watercolor dress. It’s so vibrant and I love the interesting shape. Doesn’t need much else to shine, but I wore this tribal-looking necklace, one of the items I got in the giveway of Aphrodite . Neon tribal is a cool summer look, don’t you think?

7 comments

  1. Oh the dress is so good, I had seen it on you but I won't get tired of seeing it on you either!!! Your parents are hippies? Oh so cool!!! I think none of the Turkish people were into the hippi trend back then, but I'd really love to hear those times... Oh by the way, why don't you make a collage of your photos by photographing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable dress,love it with that shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. swalvs: I'll probably have to photograph them indeed, too bad because that means quite some quality loss :( My parents were total hippies and completely into alternative medicine etcetera, haha, what were your parents like? What kind of stereotypes exist in Turkey? So strange that cultures can be so far apart in some aspects :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much color! I wouldn't be able to pull that off but it looks great on you :]

    I go for muted, dark, pastel colors. I'm not sure why, it's just a tendency.

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is great! And the dress obviously as well :) I still regret that I didn't even dare to try it on. The Garden Collection stuff was really lovely and so perfect for spring & summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yasmeen: I'm sure you'd look stunning in bright neons! you have some tan and you have dark hair, you'd look hot in fuschia for example, or yellow!

    bella: thanks so much! I tried it on and I loved some of the elements, but the original dress had ruching around the cleavage which made it a WHOLE lotta look (too much if you ask me). I just cut that shiz off and I love the dress now in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that dress POPS!

    http://amaturecouture.com

    ReplyDelete