One day I'll fly away

Yesterday was as dreary as summer comes, and it was cold to boot, so I coped by wearing a heavy knit cardi over my summerdress, and wearing socks in my sandals. Easy as that!

  dress, socks: h&m
sandals: sac d'anvers
belt: vintage
birdpin: asos


Precisely the way I intend to cross over from summer to fall when the sun has finally shown her last warm day this year. I always look forward to summer and it’s over in the blink of an eye. Oh well, time flies when you’re having a good time, right? And let’s just focus on the pretty weather that is yet to come, and the gorgeous outerwear and boots that await us in fall and winter. Until then, I’m wearing my summer dresses even though it feels more like fall outside. The little birdpin is a cute statement piece, but also reminds me to see the beauty in small things. It brightens my day! I realize the colors in this outfit aren’t quite coordinated, but who cares right. I like them together and that’s that!
Today, the sun is shining and we’re going to go to a playground or something to enjoy the sun, hope you have some lovely summer’s day ahead of you too!

10 comments

  1. Oh well, I totally loved this dress, how wonderful colors! And does it have pockets too? Yay! You made it well for the cooler weather! :) Loevly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous dress! I love all the dresses you find at H&M though. Being in America, most of the H&M clothes that make their way over here aren't nearly as sophisticated. And so sad that it is turning to fall already. I'm ready for cooler weather, but nothing below 75F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally rock this outfit.. :)
    love the dress...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dress!!! And cute pin too :D

    And it all works Annebeth, every bit!

    FRIDAY!!! I have had a hell week. Hope yours has been better and your weekend great!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks girls!

    swalvs: yes! I love pockets in my dresses, so cute!

    the daily fashionista: thank you! H&m does have shittier stores here as well, but I only shop in the larger H&ms in big cities, they have all the good stuff! totally worth the trip

    eelectrocutee: thank you!

    kim: thanks sweetie! my week was ok but the weather sucked so that ruins any ok-ish week. But my weekend started great today and I have high hopes for the last days of my break before my summerjob! :D hope your next week is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and I LOVE IT! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still loving sandals with socks! You prove to me why it's such a cool look :)
    Now I have to hop on over to ASOS and get myself a swallow pin.

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and I LOVE IT! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still loving sandals with socks! You prove to me why it's such a cool look :)
    Now I have to hop on over to ASOS and get myself a swallow pin.

    XXo,
    Neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  10. you totally rock this outfit.. :)
    love the dress...:D

    ReplyDelete