Automatic Pilot



I guess this is my go to outfit right now. Long, tiring days at school -> cliché schoolgirl outfit. I am even less inspired today than I was yesterday, so I'm afraid you guys will have to wait at least another day for me to type out something substantial! Actually, the only epiphany I've had the past few days was when watching Lady Gaga's Grammy performance of Born This Way. You remember me telling you guys I wasn't that crazy about the new song? Well, that performance totally turned me around. I LOVED the outfits, the dance, the make up, the hair and the prosthetics: they all gave off a vibe of some sort of super hero drag queen, and the idea that this fierce creature and all her loved little monsters were above ridiculous concepts like gender or sexual orientation. Fierce as the new race. I totally got her message, and I didn't feel like it was just a very calculated move to get her gay fans even more on her side (like I did when I first heard the song). And I was absolutely totally head over heels with her make up and did I mention HER PONY TAIL being whipped back and forth?


IN LOVE


I'm going to bed now.


trench: Pimkie
tights, bag: Zara
sweater: New Look
beret: old
shoes, skirt: vintage (T2)

16 comments

  1. you look like a very stylish school girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fantastic! I love your bag a lot! I think I should cut my hair like your. I love a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt! And your bag, totally a cool school girl look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tartan skirt!


    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear! thanks for this post. i have to watch gaga's grammy performance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you talking about, this outfit is great :D
    (eew on Lady Gaga though, haha)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this look (yours, not gaga's). im a fan on chicoptia, so glad i stumbled upon your blog. now a follower.

    xxoo
    www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great, but I know what you mean about feeling uninspired! Blargh winter needs to finish up and move on. In the meantime, I'm going to go dance to this song ;)
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you pull off the school girl look so well. Is it crazy that my favorite part about this look is the color popping through your sweater?

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look fits you perfectly! I loveee the shoes I haven't seen any quite like that! And you remind me that I need to keep searching for a nice spring trench :)
    La Petite Marmoset

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this classic preppy look. The oxfords, skirt, and trench really pull it together :) Love Lady Gaga's performance at the Grammys. It was pure Gaga and an amazing message with the song as well. I love how she came out of the egg, classic artistry :)

    Sarah Jane R.
    www.sarahjanerstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The vintage school girl looks is fine by me, I love it all - jumper (which I shall naturally steal at a later date), skirt and satchel and shoes are all lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty student look, and it's so cold right now so it works in keeping you very warm!! I'm not that excited about Gaga... I just don't get the hype. Maybe it's just me ;)
    Have a dinner party tonight and NOT a clue what to wear xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great! Even though it has the schoolgirl vibe, you pull it off without looking too young. Love it! Those shoes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sort of happy I don't have classes anymore, however just being on your own doesn't improve or help me working on my thesis since there's no one to motivate me. God, I wish that awful thing was over and done with already!
    Anyway, cute school girl look :)

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me about the school....I've gone there for three days now and it already makes me sick :D
    Stylish outfit, though! I've just come up with jeans and t-shirt today.... :D

    ReplyDelete