our house is a very very very fine house

I love statement garments, but the problem with those is that you can’t really wear them in many different ways because they really “make” an outfit. However, some garments are pretty enough to just ignore the fact that they aren’t really versatile. I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it and you can expect to see me in it quite a few times, even though I’ll practically look the same each time. At least I’ll look repetitively FIERCE :D

 dress: h&m
glasses: claire's
shoes: texto
necklace: vintage
nailpolish: claire's


These shoes are still my favorite pair for spring/summertime, they are quite high but the huge wedge platform makes them very comfortable. It’s like walking on clouds! I bought this crazy ass necklace in a vintage store for 1 euro because it was crazy and it looked like an A, as in my initial. It also has tassles. And it’s made of wood. The weird necklace, the almost kimono ish drapey feel of the dress and the platform sandals kind of remind me of a very far out updated version of a traditional japanese look. No? Maybe I’m taking this too far :-D

and this is what I changed into to soak op the sun! 
bustier, skirt: h&m
glasses: claire's

this is the bustier top I was talking about, I like how it looks with high waisted thing. Kind of a retro day by the sea? Love it.

17 comments

  1. Cute bustier top!! And you know already I am in love with that dress :D

    Fab shoes... try some socks with them!! :)

    As for NYC.... guess when I am coming home (at this stage!) Wednesday!!!! A four day work trip turns out to be ten days, the company always puts me in business class and even that has not helped, mind you nothing is still flying :(

    I think I will have to go and do some shopping today :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i don't know which outfit i like better! that bustier top is so pretty and it looks great on you. the dress is fabulous and i love that it has pockets! oh, and those wedges are awesome. great looks as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lovelies!

    kim: having to stay in NYC a bit longer can HARDLY be considered a punishment, wanna trade? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, your right of course!! :) Have been shopping,

    Two skirts, one dress, one sweater, one romper, three pairs of socks and six pairs of knickers... NO shoes!!!

    Maybe photos later after sushi! :D

    Just wish hubby were here too, he wants an ipad thingo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd miss my boyfriend too, but the clothes kind of soften the pain don't they :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look brilliant. LOVE that dress. It is such a medress. I would so have bought it and worn it and worn it and worn it too!!

    Heart:

    ME

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do, but I wont tell him! ;):D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look extremely hot in that dress! And I'm so jealous about your garden sunbaths! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is fabulous, but the bustier skirt combo is to die for. If I saw you on the street, I would walk up and awkwardly compliment you on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is SO gorgeous!! I was hoping to find it last time I went to h&m but ours didn't carry it. so, so pretty though, and looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha robyn, I can imagine: "hey I like your bra showing" :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowery dress is soooo what I'm craving right now!

    LiveLoveLA

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowery dress is soooo what I'm craving right now!

    LiveLoveLA

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look extremely hot in that dress! And I'm so jealous about your garden sunbaths! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They do, but I wont tell him! ;):D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd miss my boyfriend too, but the clothes kind of soften the pain don't they :D

    ReplyDelete