Internship Starts

I had my first day at the internship today. I was really excited and nervous to see whether my boss and I would work together well, and anxious to find out whether I'd actually be good at my job and like what I'd be doing. I didn't want to disappoint people, nor myself, and I was a bit scared all my dreams would come tumbling down after my first day on the job. 

Of course, after one day it's a bit too early to really have a clear idea of what your job will entail during all its up- and downtimes, but I have a really good feeling about it. I'm usually very rational in my assessments, but sometimes I don't like letting a bit of intuition slip in, and right now my intuition is singing me pretty songs full of promises and dreams!

I am content.


My knackered night after a long day of meetings and briefings was spent watching ghibli: first I watched Ponyo (and fell in love with how CUTE and SWEET it was), and now I've put on my sister's Nausicaa dvd and there is no doubt I'll love this one as well. I have such a soft spot for anything Ghibli/Miyazaki!

I'll leave you with this week's entry in Project Blogway: rock chick. I didn't want to go the obvious all black, all ripped, all chains and studs look so I went a bit glamrock to show my love for the seventies! I'd totally wear this on a crazy night out, but for daytime it's a bit much pour moi :-D


skirt, coat: H&M
boots: Sacha
shirt: The Who
necklace: Pimkie


BLIMEY I hardly recognize myself! :-D

24 comments

  1. Whoa it's strange to see you in something besides a pretty dress :). But I love this look! Wild! the skirt and boots are awesome with the leopard!

    cheers,
    --Megan//The Martian Tide

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so glam! so different from your normal style! glad you loved your first day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new look haha! I loved Ponyo too, v sweet film :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an edgy and glam rock style!love it dear!!!i hope u'll have a great internship experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love this outfit! seriously one of my favorite looks from you haha you look so rocker chic!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh yes, fantastic look! The glam rock works great on you!
    Have an awesome internship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a perfect glam rock style - and congrats on a good first day!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely full of spunk and fun! Love the leopard with the sequins! Definitely something you can rock at night!

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving that last pic, gorgeous!

    <3Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nausicaa is echt de betere versie van castle in the sky. Ik vond 'm prachtig, de artwork is weer zoals altijd breathtaking. Outfit is cool, het shirt is heel erg mooi bij het rokje!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, good luck with the rest of your internship. I am sure you will do great. Is it related to your thesis?

    Kelly xo
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, good luck with the internship and I really adore the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your internship! Sounds like a wonderful opporunity.
    I love this rocker chick look!! I love the sparkly skirt and band tshirt with those high boots. Definitely different from your normal look but it's sooo good
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great!! Love that skirt. Definitely glam rock.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is something unusual, i normally see you in floating skirts full of movement. but i must say! awe! your legs are perfect for those kind of boots! not many people look good in those boots, i mostly have an 'ouch' feeling when i see the boots! but you rock girl, fabulous combination with the tee! i have a sequined skirt myself and it is pretty hard to combine, you have given me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tof shirt!
    En veel succes nog op je werk :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Picture 4 is A-W-E-S-O-M-E... that's all I'm saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun outfit! I'm a sucker for leopard coats but my fave piece has to the thigh-high boots. They actually look like they'd go with a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ponyo is indeed really cute! My fav Ghibli films must be Totoro and Princess Mononoke. Still some missing in my collection though and Nausicaa is one of them, I have looked everywhere for it but it was always out of stock! Cool skirt by the way and I'm happy for you that you're internship started off well! Mine begins Monday, so nervous and excited at the same time! (and a bit scared my killer back ache won't have magically cured by then, fingers crossed!) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving your rocker look here. Such a fun sequined skirt and cool boots. I absolutely love your leopard coat too. I just received one that was my great grandma's and I can't wait to wear it. Too bad it's usually too warm here for a cool coat like that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff is awesome. I have a special place for Kiki's Delivery Service. Love the outfit, definitely feels very rocker :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the outfit! and your hair is gorgeous! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Je "SURaime" ce look. It's so Edgy !!!!

    xoxo from a "chasseuse de styles" in Brussels

    Céline Mademoiselle

    ReplyDelete