Have you ever seen the rain

I love that Creedence Clearwater Revival song. In fact, I love that song so much I used this lyric for another outfit post title before. Hey, there's only so many good songs about the rain. You have "raindrops keep falling on my head", "have you ever seen the rain" and that's about it, right? Oh, and that one Mika song I actually don't hate, but that one just goes "let it rain rain rain rain rain rain let it rain rain rain rain rain rain" and that doesn't make for a very good title now DOES IT MRS. SMARTYPANTS? Didn't think so.

Yeah I'm talking to myself again. My boyfriend is home ULTRA late (it's almost half past nine around here) again because everyone at his job is on holiday and he's stuk with all the work. I WANT HIM HOME RIGHT THIS INSTANT. Edit: it's ten to ten right now and he's just gotten home. I asked him whether he's having an affair but he says he isn't so I'll let this one slide. (To be clear: I don't actually think he's having an affair, just kidding!)

Anyway, where was I... Oh yeah, rain, another fun topic. It has been raining cats and dogs (not literally of course because that would actually be CUTE instead of bleh) around these parts and the temperatures have dropped to an autumnal 14° celsius in the middle of fracking July. 

Rest assured, I'm not as naggy and pissed off as I sound, I'm just raaaaaaamblin' on like I am everyday. That's just my style yo. Lemme show you my rainy day outfit! I took these just before going grocery shopping.



That braid in my hair, wanna know how I did that? Simple: I just bought a fake hair headband on ASOS in the sales and slipped it in my hair. I'm pretty lucky for it to match my own haircolor as well as it does! Great way to add some easy flair to any old boring hairdo yo. Get yours here! Also comes in light blond.
Coat is a recent buy as well, got it for 15 euro in the sales. I had been eyeing it for months because I really wanted a sailor coat, but this one isn't absolutely perfect and it was going for 40 euro which is a lot for an okay coat. But 15 I can shell out for this pretty little thing!

coat: H&M
dress: T2 vintage
shoes: swapped with friend
headband and belt: ASOS

Have a nice night! Listen to CCR with me.


35 comments

  1. You crack me up. "It has been raining cats and dogs (not literally of course because that would actually be CUTE instead of bleh)" lolol. Now I have a mental picture of little kitties and puppies falling out of the sky and it is AWESOME.

    That headband is incredibly realistic. You had me fooled!

    PS congrats on making the front page on Chictopia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look! I log on Chictopia and there you are! congrats!

    Loving the character in your writing here. I would definitely love to have a conversation with you in person. And goodness, those shoes! Can I have a swap too?? haha I have a small feet though...

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see wonderful umbrella's popping up in the blogosphere nowadays. Loving yours. Need to look into this matter soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so gorgeous, love the belt and jacket too it's really great!! That headband is such a great idea, so much easier than a braid.
    I love Creedence, such a great song.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still look wonderful despite the weather, that dress is lovely! And that coat is suuuuch a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty dress...you should do a post or video dedicated to all your wonderful dresses..id love to see them all! and congrats on being chictopia front page!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute dress and love your hair! Sorry about the rain, I wish it would pour down where I am...heat wave and one can't even sleep at night in this heat... plus there's like an annoying fun fair going on at the beach right now, and one can hear EVERYTHING..... it's almost midnight!!!! I hate Spain at times grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that song is definitely good enough to warrant using it twice as a post title.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo Mary Poppins! Love the dress and umbrella together. But the shoes is really THE item that ties the outfit together!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your dress and shoes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this outfit, the dress is perfect and the shoes give it a lovely retro feel. You look gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This CCR Song is about the Vietnam War..."have you ever seen the rain" means the soldier experiences within the dschungle war and of course the million of bombs which "rained" over the country..I have a class at university which deals with songs about the Vietnam War and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little jacket, you sailor :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Floral belt!! Amazing!! You are so chic for the gloom, it makes me not wanna get out of bed let alone get dressed. Love CCR <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stormy weather could be another song title? That dress is cuuuuuute. And now I'm regretting not buying that 15 Euro dress on sale because, as you remind me, what is 15 Euros anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  16. every time you make me smile! so much in love with the shape of the jacket! but oh girl you are glowing! that dress looks phenomenal on you. love the bright blue so so much, gorgeous with your dark hair. the brown shoes emphasize the 40's vibe! you look amazing.

    PS did you get my link about hair styles?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the dress, so pretty! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rain AND coats??? I am so jealous. You look adorable and not sweaty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is such a sweet dress and that jacket is also so lovely! I was doubting to buy one like that :)

    and your hair is also done pretty :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry for not commenting as much lately! Anyway I love this look, and the other bellow too! You look amazing as always. And I adored the jacket since the first time I saw it on the blogosphere and love the way you're wearing it here with the vintage dress and brogues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really really cute outfit for a rainy day! I love everything about it, from the dress over the umbrella and shoes to your hair-do! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would have never guessed that that was a headband! It matches your hair perfectly.
    I am so happy to see CCR on your blog! I jam to their greatest hits album quite often. It's certainly one of my favorites! Do you happen to like The Eagles or Fleetwood Mac? If you've never listened to them, I so think you should!

    -Meganne
    www.theposhpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. nooit een paraplu binnen opsteken he..:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute rainy day look! I absolutely love your blue dress and that nautical-ish jacket is perfect over it. Amazing shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute rainy day look! I absolutely love your blue dress and that nautical-ish jacket is perfect over it. Amazing shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stormy weather could be another song title? That dress is cuuuuuute. And now I'm regretting not buying that 15 Euro dress on sale because, as you remind me, what is 15 Euros anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  27. This CCR Song is about the Vietnam War..."have you ever seen the rain" means the soldier experiences within the dschungle war and of course the million of bombs which "rained" over the country..I have a class at university which deals with songs about the Vietnam War and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore your dress and shoes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think that song is definitely good enough to warrant using it twice as a post title.

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a pretty dress...you should do a post or video dedicated to all your wonderful dresses..id love to see them all! and congrats on being chictopia front page!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. every time you make me smile! so much in love with the shape of the jacket! but oh girl you are glowing! that dress looks phenomenal on you. love the bright blue so so much, gorgeous with your dark hair. the brown shoes emphasize the 40's vibe! you look amazing.

    PS did you get my link about hair styles?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I see wonderful umbrella's popping up in the blogosphere nowadays. Loving yours. Need to look into this matter soon :)

    ReplyDelete