F21 Brussels: Exclusive Shop Preview!

I was lucky enough to attend the pre-opening of F21 in Brussels thanks to Stéphanie's connections and I can't wait to share my pictures with you guys, so without further ado: my little report of an evening at Forever 21!

 First, the venue.


Lemme tell you straight away: the store is HUGE. About as wide as two normal "big" shops and deep enough to lose you're breath if for some reason you had to run through it, even if your not in terrible shape (unlike yours truly). The bouncers were friendlier than they look and I'm sure they won't be there when the stores open :-D


Just to give you an idea of how deep the store actually is: you can't even see the back here. This allows the store to carry a very broad selection and still present everything in a spacious, neat fashion. I hate it when you have to scuffle between racks of clothes trying to find what you're looking for, so this is a big plus for me. The clothes might be "cheap", but the presentation surely isn't.


Props like this lovely chandelier gave the store an allure that made the shopping experience so much more enjoyable. The sales assistants were superfriendly and stylish too.



Another feature I LOVED were these little style/inspiration booths. The store had lots of these, like one every 5 metres or something, and they were the perfect proof of F21's main selling point: the cute styling. The items are seldom extraordinary but the styling really inspires you to try out something new and hip. This particular corner of romantic stuff really reminded me of Bonnie! Straight up my alley of course :-)



The far end of the store was the accessories/shoes/bags corner. I loved the way these bracelets were presented like candy in bowls, so pretty! I did expect the store to have a bigger selection of shoes, but the shoes that were there didn't disappoint: cute, cheap, trend-friendly.


Basically all of these are on my list. Bows, brogues, retro: love! There was a pair of insanely high floral wedges that were utterly adorable too but I'd only get those on sale because they were really literally insanely high :-D


The cash registers were at the back of the store, and here you see Kim buying loads of cute stuff! :-D



This is me getting in an impromptu outfit shot in the SUPER spacious F21 dressing rooms. I know students who have smaller living spaces. Seriously the best dressing rooms I have seen in a highstreet store, except for the sad lack of a stool or something to put my kit on. Otherwise: perfect! My outfit was just a cute little vintage get up. Details at the end of the post.



Me goofing around in the shoe section.



I'm not gonna lie: the BEST thing about the press events I get invited to now and then is, without a doubt, the food. We got a lovely risotto, the BEST FRACKING CHOCOLATE MOELLEUX ON A STICK EVER and some gorgeously juicy chocolate dipped strawberries. SO yummy! Also, the waiter was supercute, likable and funny (just like all the staff), so kudos to Oona for another great event!


Now, let's get on to some of the pieces that grabbed my attention.


Adorable retro underwear


This dress is SO on my to get list.


A beautiful textured dress + casual denim jacket = perfect simple styling. Just add a pair of rugged boots and you're good to go!


Novelty prints are always a plus for me.



Yessssssss I need this so bad!


Guess I'm really into denim! :-D


LOVE this missoni-esque midi skirt, fall must-have.


This dress obviously caught my eye: soft hue, peter pan collar, lace and baby doll silhouette? YSPLZ


My rainbow nails and a cute little F21 flower ring.


How cute is this little necklace Stéphanie is fondling?


I'm ending with this obligatory artsy lights shot (I love my fancy camera)! Hope you enjoyed my F21 report as much as I loved this pretty new shop, it is a total recommendation and I suggest all of you Belgian people go check it out when it opens officially tomorrow, Saturday 31st of July! First 500 or so will get a giftbag so be fast :-) 

The Antwerp store will open at the end of August and I can't wait to have one in my close proximity as Brussels is still quite a trip to make for me.

I'm leaving you with these detail shots of my outfit I promised you.
dress: T2 vintage
shoes: New Look
belt: H&M
headband: don't remember
bag: Pimkie
nails(left to right): hema, model's own, H&M, model's own, catrice

30 comments

  1. my favorite high street store! glad you have one nearby now! and you look adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Ik wou dat ik veel geld en tijd had om morgen te gaan :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress and shoes! thank you for photos, great store! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Forever21 looks HUGE. I've been to several in California and one in Chicago but that one looks huge as well! I definitely love spacious areas in shopping. There is this tiny Forever21 in a mall closeby that is just...ugh, there's barely enough room to even go through some of the little aisles between clothes. So cramped and barely any good selection when I know Forever21 has a bunch of great goodies. Lovely post!

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie, dat bolletjeskleedje moet moet MOET ik hebben! Ik kan niet wachten tot de winkel in Antwerpen open gaat :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, ik moét hier volgende week naartoe! suuupermooie winkel, amai. (met suuupermooie dingen in natuurlijk!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Forever21 store looks amazing, thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! Love your outfit too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoooo ik moet daar echt dringend naartoe! Wat een leuke kleren! Vallen de prijzen echt zo goed mee?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1st - love your outfit...
    2nd OMG the gorgeous clothes!
    3rd - I wish our Forever 21s were like that...UGH! :(
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Forever 21 looks amazing! And so nice and big and roomy! Some of the things you took pictures of I saw in our stores just last time I was there. My sister even bought that bird cage top. I kept eyeing that polka dot dress you want too. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmmm those strawberries look so yummy and this event looks so great!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice shoes! I almost bought the same dress you had one in a vintage store ;-)

    Love your artistic pictures!


    www.outfit-of-the-day.be

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I thought our F21 was big!! I love the layout of this one and their displays are so wonderful! Love the pieces you picked out, that birdcage sweater makes me want to go to forever 21 right now haha
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  14. That store looks LOVELY! I mean, some Forever 21 stores are better than others, but that's just gorgeous.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad there'll be one in Antwerp since I'm going to study there in september.. well not really in Antwerp, I'm going to Leuven but stillllllll I'm super excited for it. Wooohoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pictures, lovely outfit (as always)! I'm so desperate to get f21 here as well! It looks absolutely PERFECT! I'm very jealous :D

    xxx Irinja (1milliondresses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That shop looks sooo amazing!!!

    Kisses Anne

    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh god, blij dat ik daar niet was of ik had de komende maand bankroet gestaan! :D (of net niet, gezien de fijne prijsjes...)

    De winkel ziet er fantastisch groot uit en er hangen zo te zien echt mooie dingen in! Het retro ondergoed setje is super en ohh, al die jurkjes..! Hopelijk moet ik niet te snel weer naar Brussel voor een job want anders ga ik echt helemaal losgaan :D

    Heb jij niets gekocht trouwens?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit. Man I wish there was a F21 in NZ. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait! The store (and the clothes) look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where are the pics you took of me girl :D ?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these pictures! Can't wait till the opening of the forever 21 store in Antwerp!
    x
    http://givemetruthloveandfreedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel the urge to pass by the shop but I know it's gonna be daaaangerous for the bankaccount...love your vintage dress too cute and o so pretty - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel the urge to pass by the shop but I know it's gonna be daaaangerous for the bankaccount...love your vintage dress too cute and o so pretty - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where are the pics you took of me girl :D ?

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1st - love your outfit...
    2nd OMG the gorgeous clothes!
    3rd - I wish our Forever 21s were like that...UGH! :(
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hoooo ik moet daar echt dringend naartoe! Wat een leuke kleren! Vallen de prijzen echt zo goed mee?

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg, ik moét hier volgende week naartoe! suuupermooie winkel, amai. (met suuupermooie dingen in natuurlijk!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh! Ik wou dat ik veel geld en tijd had om morgen te gaan :) xx

    ReplyDelete