Floral Ballet Flats

I have to let you in on a not-really-secret secret. I have difficult feet. My feet are really flat, really narrow, I have long toes and I seem to have the very most blister-prone feet on this side of the Atlantic. Ballet flats always pose a multitude of problems to my feet: either my heel slips out, or my toes are cramped, or the shoes chafe my heel to the point of blistering agony. This is the reason why my footwear almost exclusively consists of sandals (straps to keep feet in place and room for toes) or boots (comfortable, no tight chafing bits). HOWEVER, I had set my mind on finding some good ballet flats because they are cute as hell and people have told me they can be very comfortable. Lord knows I'm all about comfortable shoes. So I snapped these up in the sales, and I'm glad I did because they really fit nicely! I went for quintuple floral today: skirt, ballet flats, straw bag, belt AND sunglasses. TOP THAT!




Today was spent hanging around with the family in Antwerp. I hadn't seen my brother and his wife since new year's and they had since gotten hitched in Las Vegas, so I really loved catching up with them! Too bad I forgot to take pictures because they are a HOT and very stylish couple. They also have the same haircut, haha! :-D I'm already really looking forward to the BBQ party they're throwing in august as a late celebration of their wedding. You better bet your ass I will be snapping pictures there, so harnass yourself for some all-in-the-fam-fabulousness!


bustier top, straw bag: Pimkie
skirt: T2 vintage
belt: ASOS
ballet flats: Sacha
sunnies: H&M



PS: PLEASE vote for my collage here and help me win a 100 euro River Island gift voucher!!!

37 comments

  1. I love this look! Very retro and pretty. Especially love the top!

    Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your striped bustier top so much! I love that you paired it with a floral print skirt. Cute bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i adore this outfit!amazing dress and top, i really loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quintuple florals! Man... I thought I had the record with four in April.. including those very same sunglasses.

    I really want that bustier top, although I think wearing it here would get me more attention than I need in life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! Very beautiful top and flats:)
    Hugs and kisses
    Taida

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit, such a gorgeous retro look. This top is so great. And I love the floral skirt with the floral shoes! Sooo cute
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute flats
    love the skirt

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/
    http://eleven23shop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo...so much wonderful floral! I am loving that bag too:)

    And yeah, flats can be quite troublesome. I always have to deal with the tore up heels from my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely floral summery mix!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE all the floral! So cute. And I'm glad you finally found some ballet flats that are comfortable for you! Finding good shoes is a pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Everyone should have at least one good pair of ballet flats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the floral prints in your outfit! The flats are indeed very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. my sisters feet are like yours, she always struggles to find shoes haha! mine are narrow too but not like hers, its so funny actually, do yours look weird naked too? LOL! those shoes are adorable though xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! That top is great. I love those ballet flats and I can understand what you say: I have difficult feet too! (also because my size is actually big- 41!)

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mooie combinatie van de rok + gestreept topje :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Weer een geweldige outfit.. Hoe doe je dat toch steeds ?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you have the most blister-prone feet on that side of the Atlantic, I must have the most blister-prone feet on this side. Sadly, even most sandals chew my feet to bits :( Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those flats are really cute and very sweet. I like flats too but one pair I have hurts a lot, and usually they are so comfortable (other pairs I've owned).

    Your outfit is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so the prints are so so different and that is perfect to me, i always love the fact how you combine small and big prints! the skirt is divine. fabulous with the color change, so the red of the flats look amazing with the blue. this is actually a perfect summer look

    ReplyDelete
  20. What? Floral ballet flats! I love them lady. This is such a dreamy summer outfit, especially with the floral on floral combination. Family time sounds like fun! Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you found some comfy ballet flats! these are SO cute :) I love your top too!

    Love, Vanilla

    http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute shoes. Glad you were able to find a pair that fit your "difficult" feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. amazing outfit, i love love love stripes and florals together! amazing. and the top looks so vintage :DD

    -haylie
    www.lovefashionloveyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your top!!!!
    http://lahabitaciondelaspequenascosas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely outfit! The ballerina's are very cute ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  26. that top is absolutely perfect darling! I want it now :b

    kisses,
    Mariel

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you found some comfy ballet flats! these are SO cute :) I love your top too!

    Love, Vanilla

    http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. so the prints are so so different and that is perfect to me, i always love the fact how you combine small and big prints! the skirt is divine. fabulous with the color change, so the red of the flats look amazing with the blue. this is actually a perfect summer look

    ReplyDelete
  29. those flats are really cute and very sweet. I like flats too but one pair I have hurts a lot, and usually they are so comfortable (other pairs I've owned).

    Your outfit is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Quintuple florals! Man... I thought I had the record with four in April.. including those very same sunglasses.

    I really want that bustier top, although I think wearing it here would get me more attention than I need in life...

    ReplyDelete
  31. omg i adore this outfit!amazing dress and top, i really loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm loving your striped bustier top so much! I love that you paired it with a floral print skirt. Cute bag too!

    ReplyDelete