Once in a lifetime

Feast your eyes, ladies and gentlemen, because this is one of the maybe 5 times a year I wear pants. Is that problematic, like how some girls haven’t worn a dress/skirt since their 12th birthday? Or is it just what I prefer? My problem isn’t so much with the pants: I love my lower half. I just have a mostly hate-relationship with tops. Either they are too simple, or they are too much, and most of the time they aren’t flattering at all on me when combined with pants. Shorts or skirts, I can manage, but pants usually make my shape look a bit masculine. I prefer the typical female proportions of small shoulders, narrow ribcage and wider hips. Oh well, we all have our hangups.


pants: zara
coat: pimkie
sweater: h&m
shoes: sac d'anvers

Anyway, what I meant to say was that these are actually my favorite pants, I think. Even though I hardly wear them. They just fit like a dream and have such a cool retro cut to them, plus they were ike 10 euros in the sales at Zara. Only problem: what to wear on top? With a black top, it becomes boring. With a white top, it just emphasizes me being broader in my shoulders than in my hips. I haven’t really tried prints with it, but I feel apprehensive about it because that is a whole lot of look. And somehow, a different bright color would make the pants look too casual? Or too soccer mom? :D
So I went with grey: safe. And to keep it from being too boring, I went with sequined grey. I quite like the result as it reminded me of the quintessential first-pants-for-women in the 50s-60s look. Mess my hair up a bit, wear peeptoes (I was contemplating socks in heels but that would be not-me :D), bright red lips and retro fake glasses et voila.
As you can see, the weather sucks here. Why must I live in a region where 4 days of good weather always get alternated by 6 days of shit weather? Let me know plz. Hope you like it!

15 comments

  1. you look fab in trousers, its a welcome change! x love ur coat too, fab collar x

    http://rainbowsandfairydust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this look. I think you look great in pants. very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can defenitly wear pants! Maybe beige chinos would look good on you to because you have long legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sassy: I'll definitely keep it in mind! Will try some on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMFG!!! ;) :D

    I did not expect to see this when I logged on to see what you were wearing today :D

    I LOVE these pants on you. You must have some weird view of how you look in pants (and tops) if you dont like this look Annebeth. And talk about a perfect length, great cut and fab colours!

    Okay... enough from me before it all sounds to weird!! haha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like this look but believe me, other pairs of pants hardly ever look good on me! :D You wouldn't believe how many looks I tried to create with this pair of pants until I finally found this one which I love! :D dresses and skirts are so much easier :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I love the mix of styles/trends. They work so well because they're in the same color family. You really nailed it!

    XX,
    neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really flattering pants! Have you tried more in this particular cut? Maybe a pair in black would also be good for you, since black does go with everything :) I love pants, particularly jeans, because I am a causal girl at heart lol. Great post.

    BTW, the weather here in Florida is blistering hot. I would jump for joy for a couple cool breezes every now and then. And it's been raining a lot so humidity is a beats right now :(

    Sarah Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Problem with dark pants is that they immediately put focus on my upper half, the broader part of my body! :D I'm more partial to sassy's idea with the kaki's, lighter pants make my lower side look wider and strangely enough, that's what I want :D thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this outfit! It feels preppy yet mod.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like this look but believe me, other pairs of pants hardly ever look good on me! :D You wouldn't believe how many looks I tried to create with this pair of pants until I finally found this one which I love! :D dresses and skirts are so much easier :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. sassy: I'll definitely keep it in mind! Will try some on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! I love the mix of styles/trends. They work so well because they're in the same color family. You really nailed it!

    XX,
    neekoh

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this look. I think you look great in pants. very chic.

    ReplyDelete