Hit me with your rhythm stick!

Drop waist dresses are one of those items that may feel tricky to some, I’m a girl who always tries to accentuate her natural waiste, especially since I don’t have that much of a waist to begin with! But these drop waist androgynous dresses seem to work for girls who are a bit straight up and down too. It’s elegant without being too dressy, the loose fit always gives it a bit of a comfortable, casual vibe. I love that.
 dress: zara
tights: h&m
boots: new look:
hairpin: pimkie
umbrella: sac d'anvers

 Yes, the wind actually made my umbrella flap inside out (if that's how you say it :D)
This dress is in one of my all time favorite garmentcolors: coral. More vibrant and lively than red, and not as played out. Red can get cheesy sometimes. I wonder how a color can get cheesy? I love the dress with this red (yes) umbrella. The fact that the light shining through makes it look pinkish red reminds me of asian stuff. Like those gorgeous fish in The Cherry Blossom Girl’s post from a couple of days ago.

Anyway, I wanted to wear these polkadotted tights and it struck me at once: the most natural thing to do with them, is put together a flamenco-inspired look! I don’t know if those traditional flamenco dancers wore dotted tights, but it would look amazing to have dotty legs underneath all the polkadotted layers of skirts! So I went for a bright color and a dress with some ruffles here and there, and put a flower in my hair et voila, this is my flamenco-ish look! Ignore the fact that no human is able to dance elegantly in these boots. It’s not like I’m actually going to fetch my castagnettes and go tapping down the street.

8 comments

  1. this looks like such a fun photo shoot! you look lovely. the polka dot tights are so fun with this dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm the same way - i rarely every wear anything that isn't high waisted. you pulled this off so nicely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics. Love this dress. Love that you wore those boots with it. Tones down the girliness, makes it more edgy! And I agree with you about red, it is overplayed, and it can get cheesy.

    --the second pic of you is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one where my umbrella is about to get turned inside out? :D haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that second photo is wonderful! I love the dress Annebeth and those boots are the perfect match with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the one where my umbrella is about to get turned inside out? :D haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that second photo is wonderful! I love the dress Annebeth and those boots are the perfect match with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm the same way - i rarely every wear anything that isn't high waisted. you pulled this off so nicely, though!

    ReplyDelete