Here comes the sun

George Harrison: most underestimated Beatle ever.


 dress: h&m
shoes: bershka 

When the weather is hot like today, you do not want to fuss with accessories and layers that make you sweaty, believe you me. I feel like comfort is more important than style most of the time actually: you won’t see me wearing heels if I have to walk on cobblestones for two hours. Contrary to what most people think, my choice for dresses is actually also dictated by my search for eternal comfort: I have no idea why people keep repeating that jeans are comfortable: they are not. They are tight and rigid and hot and they require extra thinking to pair a top with them. Dresses? They are flowy, follow your figure instead of being too tight, and you only have to think of 1 piece, no need to combine it with a top! Heaven. So yes, when I want to be comfortable, I choose a dress. this one actually feels like you’re only wearing a bikinitop since it’s so loose and flowy around the body, so it’s really perfect for hot days. No accessories, just a pair of sunglasses when needed and a pair of wedges. And since a yellow dress with nothing more might be kind of boring, I picked my purple leopardprint peeptoe bow wedges to accompany the dress. Does that make it interesting enough or is it still boring? You tell me!
What are your secrets for comfortable dressing on hot days? Or do you just choose fashion over comfort and go all out?

and we'll end with a pretty summersong

6 comments

  1. I am so so so jealous, I have to spend the day at work and you get to dress lovely and summery!! :D

    I think those shoes look wonderful with that dress.

    Hot days... shorts or short flippy skirt and a t-shirt/top. Its an Aussie thing I think, we have days on end over 40c and weeks and weeks over 35c (sigh, why am I here in London.... lol) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D I can make you even more jealous: my boyfriend has a day off too! :D Lots of people have a day off in belgium today because of Pentecost this weekend. Yeay Christianity :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the dress, amazing! For the summer, I pretty much wear shorts, t-shirts, skirt, and dresses, with sandals :) I'm pretty casual during the summer. However, i need a pedi so for now, I wear flats and oxfords :)

    Sarah Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay dear blogger!
    How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
    You can also join my GIVEAWAY!
    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete