grey all the way

As you may know, the weather here has dropped down from summerlike temperatures to almost winter in just a week. This means I have to break out my winterclothes again. And whenever you start dressing warmer, you immediatly notice that the outfits you put together are more winter-suited as well. But it’s spring! I want bright and soft and feminine! So what is the solution I came up with? Winter-like silhouettes, but with grey or white instead of black as the base color.
 coat, tights: h&m
dress: zara
shoes: sacha

This grey all over outfit isn’t quite as springy as I’d like to be dressing right now, but it’s the best I can do. And it feels more put together than an all black outfit because all black is so overdone by people who are too lazy to put colors together. Grey takes more of an effort! And ofcourse I added a bit of floral to springify my look. The light blue looks grey-ish too, so it matched my theme! It only bugs me a bit that I blend into the background, hahaha

12 comments

  1. i love it!! the floral is so pretty against the grey. lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floral dress!! I am sure that it will transition very nicely into summer - when summer finally decides to come around!!

    much love,
    Karen

    rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love florals that don't necessarily scream summer. If the colors are right, you can wear a good floral frock the entire year with different accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these grays too!! Fab idea!!! :D

    Your coat is the perfect length for that dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annebeth, check out this chicks blog. Some great photos and a cool NYC story!

    http://weliveyoung.blogspot.com/

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your style and your blog! :)
    take a look at mine if you like to..


    www.the-heart-of-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. kim: wow, amazing blog! I'll totally be following that one! thanks!

    and thanks everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah me too! Cool eh?, did you see the photo shoot they flew her to NYC was for Diesel... Diesel!!! and she is 17... omfg! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. shut up, that just makes me realise that my opportunity to become a wunderkind is OVER :D hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. shut up, that just makes me realise that my opportunity to become a wunderkind is OVER :D hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah me too! Cool eh?, did you see the photo shoot they flew her to NYC was for Diesel... Diesel!!! and she is 17... omfg! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete