Tealiscious

As I had been announcing for ages, I finally dyed my hair teal today! My sweet, sweet boyfriend granted my wish by repeating his dyeing talent once more, since his job on my pink hair was so awesome. The process was virtually the same as last time (check out my DIY tutorial here!) but I told my boyfriend to start the dye higher up on the lengths of my hair because I wanted a bolder look. I'm anxious to see how the fading will work out and how the color will evolve! You like?



It seems I'm totally regressing to teen-dom. My boyfriend calls my hair juvenile, but I personally think it's way more childish to believe you can't wear x or look like y when you have passed a certain age. BS! And to show him good, I took advantage of ASOS' 20% off coupon last week to order the rebellious shoes of my dreams. No clue as to what I'm talking about? Why, one of the most iconic pairs OF ALL TIME obviously!


*swoony mcswoon*

They are surprisingly comfortable and light as I remembered them to be clunky and stiff (used to have some in my teens), but I do need to find a way to style them yet. I'm thinking preppy, dark hues like navy and burgundy. What pops into your head?

PS: told you guys I always go "edgier" and less girly in the dark season. From bubble gum pink Betty Draper frocks to docs and goth green hair in a few months, yep. That's the way my cookie crumbles.


PPS: I did an interview over at My Modern Vintage, go check it out!
Enjoy your weekend!

28 comments

  1. Loving the new hair! Very seasonal ;)
    I LOVE that dress/top you're wearing, haha :) And WEEE for 20% off !!!!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik vind je haar echt geslaagd!!! Good job BF! Ik vond de pink tips al mooi maar vind dit nog iets leuker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! What a great idea.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to use the same color in my hair tips! :D

    looks awesome!


    Giveaway at my blog – last hours!
    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove the docs!!! I like the hair as well, but I loved the pink ends just a tiny bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the juvenile hair. I think it balances out your dated vintage fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha is this supposed to be mean or is it an unfortunate choice of words? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oww I love your docs. you've picked a rare color.I hardly like colored hair but I like yours a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  9. never too old or young to try something! the hair is awesome and cool docs!!
    thanks for mentioning the interview I enjoyed chatting with u!
    XX Ilana

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute teal gal!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your hair like this!! It's such a beautiful colour, and I don't think it's juvenile, it's fun!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doc Martens are classic! I think you could most definitely rock them with a vintage dress.

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. I remember dying my hair every color of the rainbow. I wore my Docs (with leopard print laces) for two years straight. Yay 90s fashion.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! It's such a perfect shade! LOVELY LOVELY! You are very daring. Congrats on the docs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heel mooi! Ik heb ongeveer dezelfde kleur, maar dan iets feller
    xx
    http://Cwithoutshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I freakin' love it. You look adorable! It's so much fun! And I totally agree with you. I'm going to be one of those eighty-year-old ladies who dyes her hair pink and wears leather miniskirts. Your boots are incredibly awesome too. I love the bright red!

    xoxo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  17. Winter deserves a total change of style, I think! I love your hair: it looks dramatic, especially with that red lipstick, and I'm interested to see how it fades. Awesome boots too... I want something clunky myself, but feel like Docs would probably overwhelm my mini feet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those shoes really are a dream! I have been wanting oxblood docs since I was 13 and my husband says the also thinks they may be a bit too juvenile as well. What the fuck do they know?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just GET them, it's your feet anyway! :D the oxblood ones were my faves too but the bright patent red is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woa, the hair looks amazing! Complements your lipstick in a great way, too.
    And I'm so jealous of your shoes! I have a pair from my teenage years I still wear, but their colour's boring and I have often been tempted to buy new Docs just to pick a new, crazy colour (like silver or metallic blue, but your shiny red looks really cool too).

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are making me FALL for you all over again!!! a girlie girl with a rock n roll soul... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amaaaaaaaaaazing shoes :-D I preferred the pink hair but you sure rock this bold color too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. No, no. LOL. Just unfortunate choice of words! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hair looks so cool! I never would've thought to put the color green as a hair color but it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete