Rusty Sweater

A perfect transitional outfit for school today: rusty, earthy colors and layering. I absolutely love my River Island dress and how it works in more casual outfits. It's too obvious to wear dresses all girly and pretty, I prefer to style them as if pants weren't an option for me as a girl and I had to wear skirts and dresses for normal, everyday activities that would require pants in our modern day and age. Makes me feel all 50s-60s and stuff! Am I even making any sense? I put way too much thought in random things. Anyway, perfect way to make cutesy dresses more wearable: put on a more classic or androgynous sweater/cardigan and some comfortable, fun flats. 
 



I also absolutely adore the shade my pink dip dye has right now: the color has faded into a lovely salmony pink-orange that looks very subtle and natural. As if normal blond hair had gotten a pink hue due to chemical shiz in a pool or something, RIGHT? I have ordered two new shades (a dark pinkish red and a green-blue hue) and I just want to keep trying stuff out. It makes every outfit a bit more quirky, especially when I wear sweet dresses or preppy outfits. I love how my hair allows me to express my personality more: I AM weird and a bit rebellious, not just a sweet girly girl.

My friend Brenda and me took these pictures on campus, in one of the prettier parts of our university. I love this place so much.

dress, flats: River Island
sweater, watch: ASOS
trench: H&M
bag: Zara
ring: Alex Monroe

PS: this sweater is a total recommendation. I bought it in two colors at ASOS and I love it to bits: thick and pretty knit, but in a cotton yarn so it isn't too warm for the transitional season.

12 comments

  1. another selection of beautiful photos!! l

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cozy and cute...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. die eerste foto vind ik super. en wat een leuke plek om naar school te gaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dress is so pretty and I love your jumper.
    I took pictures at my university when I first started blogging but now I really want to drag someone down to take pictures of me there again!!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes I totally agree! I keep searching high and low for sweaters that are shorter because it works better with dresses but it's so hard to find them :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hihi, zo grappig op school!
    Leuke outfit, love your shoes.

    Love, A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the sweater layered over top! it is such a gorgeous color!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  8. O-M-G where do I sign the transfer papers? Your university looks gorgeous, my campus only looks dull and city-like. And you look like the perfect college girl with a twist! (The hair - duh!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty dress, pretty sweater, pretty you : ) I am in total agreement on the dress philosophy... I think it's one of the reasons I try not to have too much floral print. I like flowers well enough but really don't want to be always channeling this über sweet and feminine thing... I like to look like I have a wee bit of tomboy in me (without getting dirty or anything, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your University looks so beautiful! I love how you styled the dress here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the exact reason I dyed my hair purple, albeit very briefly! I don't value my hair all that much, so I'm actually surprised it's not been every color of the rainbow. Sometimes I feel quite prim or too girly in a particular outfit, but colored hair gives it an interesting edge, no?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rusty sweater & it looks great in combination with your pretty dress! :)

    ReplyDelete