Christmassy Outfit in Red and Tinsel


dress: COS - bomber: c/o boohoo - boots: c/o Kell via Zalando - ring: Diamanti Per Tutti

A lot of people asked me about the specific texture of the bomber I'm wearing here when I showed it the first time, so I made sure to include some close ups for you to see. Kind of like shredded tape (from audio tapes for instance) or, well, tinsel

This outfit is what I wore to go out to dinner with my family to celebrate my sister's 20th birthday (curled my hair especially for the occasion). But it's pretty perfect for any holiday party, what with the tinsel and bright orange tinged red and all. I think I'd wear this to a more casual family holiday get together or an office shindig, because it's only subtly festive, not that big a step away from what I'd wear on a regular day.

I don't wear red that often (I'm more of a pink kind of girl) because I always feel like it makes my skin look ruddy, and because it reminds me of my mom. I mean, my mom has always been a stylish woman, but she has these periods of wearing a certain colour all the time (she's into teal right now) and we have very different skin tones so most of what she loves doesn't work on me, and doesn't feel "me" either. Because I associate the colours so firmly with my mom.

This tomato soup orange-red feels like such a modern statement colour, which is a lot more "me" and also feels more flattering. So for all of you out there who aren't into true red for clothes: just take one step away from red but stay in the same colour family if you want to give it a whirl for Christmas. A red that veers towards either pink, orange, purple or burgundy can work for practically anyone.
 
I'm going out to dinner with my boyfriend on this Christmas eve. What will you be doing tonight? And are there some colours that just don't feel "you"?

11 comments

  1. You classy santa! Leuke combinatie en vestje!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is beautiful! Hope you had a nice dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat kleedje staat u ZO goed! Mooi jasje ook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! Staat je goed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loove the hair! Mooie oufit :)
    Ik heb een kleedje van boohoo gekocht in die stof en die kerstslinger stof pikt gelijk zot :(
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das echt hatelijk! Met onderjurk proberen? De bomber is gevoerd en erg zacht eigenlijk, rot dat je daar nu mee zit :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this red dress looks awesome on you! Such a fun, bold color for a festive outfit like this. The texture on your jacket is super cool too. Definitely perfect for this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ja want ik vind het wel een leuke jurk :-/ Dan moet ik een onderjurk zoeken met halflange mouwen, want het prikt vooral aan de uiteinden, dat ook nog :D

    ReplyDelete