Trip to Liège

Like I told you guys last week, me and my boy took advantage of our free day on 11/11 to go for a small city trip within the borders of our own country: we visited Luik/Liège, and before going home we dropped by Leuven/Louvain for some sightseeing and pizzamunching. This was the first super cold day of fall over here so I was really glad I had packed an extra big chunky cardigan, just in case I wanted to go sans coat. Turns out I needed both. Coat AND cardigan AND faux fur scarf, and I was still freezing my butt off! The weather caught me off guard after our gorgeous indian summer, peeps.

Anyway, here's loads of pictures of our day trip. First up: a gorgeous bridge. Even the junkies under the bridge live in a palace down in Liège! Ok that was a terrible joke. Shame.

You can see the bridge I photographed far in the distance to the left. Obviously not to the right. God, talk about redundant.


Loved this statue here:


Stunning old cathedral downtown:


My eye was drawn to the gorgeous leaves all over the city. Fall is so fieeeeerce


And when my fingers went numb, we hopped into an old café that for coffee (boy) and tea (moi). Haha you totally pronounced it boy and moi (literally instead of french-style), RIGHT? 

 The browns, couches and woodwork reminded me of antique trains, very cozy.


We passed a big carnival while walking around and I fell in love with the classic merry-go-round. I only had a few seconds to snap pictures because we were about to cross the road, but I'm glad I did.


God how long is this post? I still have Louvain to show you guys! Hope you're enjoying yourself so far :-D

And then there was Leuven!

The first thing I saw when stepping out of the car in Louvain was this:


MORBID MUCH


Love these roofs all over the city.


But I saved the best for last: the town hall of Louvain is a masterpiece of gothic architecture. Dozens of intricately carved statues decorate the walls. I WISH THIS WERE MY HOUSE


And then some P-to-tha-zza. Rocket salad, ricotta and salami on a crunchy, ultra thin base. Nomz!


I do not condone BNP PARIBAS.

Outfit:
dress, coat, scarf, faux fur collar, purse: H&M
tights: Pimkie
shoes: Sacha
belt: Boyfriend's
ring: Alex Monroe
sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

29 comments

  1. Leuven is zalig! Supermooie stad, al vergeet je dat soms als je er hele dagen rondloopt :) die brug in Luik is ook prachtig! En je outfit is zo leuk, die faux fur collar = WANT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures! Love them all! You're so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics, glad you got some food in there! The leaves are beautiful.. you look hot! Your coat is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so wonderful my dear, looks like a really wonderful trip!! I am absolutely loving your layered look, with that very pretty floral dress, cardigan and fur is so wonderful! So great with the bright tights
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. MIJN VRIENDJE MOET MIJ OOK ONTVOEREN NAAR LUIK! En dan lekker stylish ronddwalen haha :D Je ziet er echt prachtig uit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this looks like so much fun! I wish I could take day trips to awesome places like that! :(
    Loving the outfit as well, of course)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louvain in particular looks amazing and gets major props for that speared bug sculpture, haha. Really loving this post and very envious of your chickadee dress (wanted it last year but couldn't find my size). : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh what a joy to see these photos from Leuven! I have a very very dear friend there ! beautiful city great people! :)
    you're stunning! :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, mijn hometown leuven! Wat een heerlijke dag heb je gehad, zo fijn om te toeristen in eigen land!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing! Now I have to mark this down as another place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is SO AWESOME as well as the scenery!! Beautiful post:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful scenes you've captured..i really must visit one day. Your sunnies are frikken awesome too..i need some that shape! You've inspired me to venture up into my loft and search for all my fur collars..the perfect winter accessory :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these photos are spectacular!!! I love the scenery. The old buildings are so interesting! Too imagine all the hand down work that was used to make the buildings so intricate kind of awes me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that coat is just fabulous, woman! and the photos are so great. i love all the buildings. i wish i lived somewhere that had history like that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You live in such a beautiful place! So jealous of the beauty surrounding you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. loooove these photos almost as much as I love your outfit and how the ends of your hair blend into the fur scarf :)

    <3Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am sure that you were the most stylish person in liege and in leuven!!! don't you love that fly! gorgeous fall colors are usual, they just make you glow! it is like we can feel that you are very comfortable wearing those kind of prints and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your outfit, the furry thingy looks great :) makes you look like a real lady (even though I know better) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos...beautiful look.
    Kisses in japan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Je had me moeten vragen waar je pizza moest gaan eten! Ik hou van Luik en ook van Leuven.

    ReplyDelete
  21. maar we zijn toch geslaagd want het was lekker!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you had quite an amazing trip! Happy that you got to spend a day with your boy :) AND NOW I want pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing post! These photos are phenomenal and your outfit as always is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wauw, ik vind je outfit in deze post echt geweldig! Leuke foto's btw!

    ReplyDelete
  25. U schoenen zijn echt super!!! Lijkt me een heel leuk weekendje te zijn geweest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ik ga altijd naar Luik voor Primark :p Erg leuke stad!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hahaha 'I do not condone BNP PARIBAS' :-P Aaargh en dat kunstwerk met de duiker is echt geweldig! En IEEEEETS vrolijker dan de dooie vlieg op een stokje :-P

    ReplyDelete
  28. Het jurkje is echt geweldig, je kan allerlei prints echt goed combineren :)
    En luik is ook een van mijn favoriete steden in België!

    ReplyDelete