Red Velvet Skirt

I made this skirt myself! Yeay me and my nimble fingers (that's what SHE said hahahahaha)! Instead of forking over 200+ euros for this pretty Le Mont St. Michel skirt I had fallen in love with (haha @ me talking like buying a 200 euro skirt would be an option for me in ANY universe) I just waited until Think Twice was having their monthly sales again and bought one of their hideous velvet confections for 2 euro to cut up and sew together my own version. I spent a hundred times less, eat that capitalism! Way easy too btw, I just cut off the bottom of a dress, folded over the top, sewed it in place and pulled an elastic band through it (this girl explains it clearly and did it way more neatly than me) et voila: a velvet mini skirt! I love it to bits. This entire outfit is made of win and made me believe in my teal hair again <3

Thanks to superpretty and supersweet Elien for taking these pictures of me! I took some of her as well, hop over to check them (and her gorgeous Boticelli's Venus hair) out!

beret: old
sweater, boots: Pimkie
skirt: handmade
tights: H&M
coat: Think Twice vintage
backpack: River Island
ring: Alex Monroe

23 comments

  1. Your velvet skirt is darling and even more special because it's handmade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a fab skirt- so impressed you made it!
    I have a velvet dress I wore for Christmas last year and I've been looking for inspiration and this has really helped!!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool skirt and pretty coat! But what I like best is the backpack, it's amazing, I love everything about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job making the skirt!! what an accomplishment!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously man... your skirt is way better. I can't believe how much that other one costs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That velvet mini is SO cute, and way way cheaper, which is awesome. I asked for one for christmas that was about 40, so if I dont end up getting one then I'll just DIY. I absolutely love yours with this cute knit sweater, such a sweet combination and your teal hair looks fabulous with it
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit is so wintry! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, great job! and look at your skirt - what a fashionable color also! :D
    love entire look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the same effin' skirt!!! Kudos to you for making one yourself that looks just as cute:) I love the way you styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely skirt! Great job. Your hair definitely looks great with this. I adore those tights, too. They look very warm and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you styled it too...I love, I love the beret, the coat, the boot, it's beautiful and sweater, backpack.good that you love your hair
    kisses rose - in japan

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that skirt! Gotta love making your own pieces for far less than designers :D SCORE! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this crazy long velvet maxi dress of my mom's that I keep meaning to turn into a shorter dress. The bottom would be perfect to make a skirt like yours, thanks for the inspiration dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that pretty, pretty velvet skirt and fabulous back pack!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the velvet skirt diy, I've just been layering shirts/sweaters over a vintage velvet dress to get a similar look. The snowflake sweater is super adorable too, perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. U haar is echt mooi!! Ik weet dat je he moeilijk hebt om het te combineren maar ik vind het je geweldig goed staan :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made the skirt? woww its perfect! i love it.. also i am in love with your hair colour. It suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome skirt, eat that capitalism indeed! I really dig your teal hair too, I think I might like it even better than pink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Red velvet skirt and green teal hair.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay such gorgeous winter layering again!! I love your DIY skirt, it looks sooo cute with that sweater! and of course your hair :D

    ReplyDelete