Parisian Student-esque



My outfit today is totally random. Sometimes I get this idee-fixe stuck in my head about wearing a certain piece, but can't think of anything to wear it with/a way to make it seasonably appropriate. I got my mind set on wearing this dress because it's a weird but cute one and I like to tackle a challenge from time to time. How to style it? I ended up with this combination that sort of reminded me of a Parisian art student in the fourties: I could totally see myself painting a corny rendition of the sun setting over the Seine in this particular getup. RIGHT? Haha I don't know, it's a weird outfit that feels ridiculously costumey but I still secretly really like it (can I cram even MORE words ending in -y in a sentence?). I guess I'm in two minds about the look! What do you think?


dress, shoes: T2 vintage
beret: old
coat, socks: Pimkie
bag: Zara


PS: one of the buckles on my stupid bag was open and I didn't notice until later on and I was too lazy to take my pictures again, so that's what you get. I'm so totally real and shiz.


PPS: my boyfriend was apparently feeling frisky so he suggested we'd spend our free day tomorrow (had totally forgotten about it being a holiday until my classmates told me yesterday) driving all the way to Liège to visit a practice of his favorite soccer club. That's a two hour drive. The practice starts at 10 in the morning. And I need to wash my hair tomorrow. Yeah, I'm a lucky girl.

20 comments

  1. your dress is adorable! love your shoes, also.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Parisian student in the forties vibe! Was gonna make some grinchy remark about Parisian students being overrated, but the forties connotation totally de-grinched me! ; )
    P.S. Hmmm, I understood something pretty different from "frisky." (as in he wants to get it on, yo). Sure you don't mean "antsy?" Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress, beret, socks-my favourite! Love the whole look! You're so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it usually has that connotation but I googled it and it ACTUALLY just means "playful" so it totally goes :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh no i love this look! the dress is way cute, and look how adorable the buttons are! totally in love with those shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG washing your hair :) I know you hate that! Normaal zou je hem kunnen DWINGEN om dan naar Primark te gaan (in Luik) maar gezien het een feestdag is... bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha I totally also thought of that kind of frisky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connotation is everything! Hehe, but either kind of frisky works for a holiday, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. jaaaa dat was ik nog vergeten typen, dan KOM IK EENS IN LUIK GODVER

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! This is so cute. The buttons on the dress are adorable and I love the beret. Tres chic!
    I actually don't think it looks costumey at all. You balanced the dress out well with the bag, coat and shoes. You are super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this outfit too! You look awesome :)
    and haha....sounds like you are going to have a lovely day tomorrow ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit, that dress is just perfect on you! Now I miss being a Parisian student even more!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping you get delicious waffles out of this early morning road trip?? I am the same way about winterizing vintage dresses, usually I just pull on a random coat and tights and hope for the best. Your look works as is but I can see this dress being wonderful with a brightly colored coat too (hunter green?). I pretty much wear a beret every day in the late autumn/winter, I'm actually sitting here wearing the twin of your hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so lovely outfit, very feminine but with girly sparkle, I adore these shoes with socks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, jammer dat het morgen een feestdag is, anders kon je naar Primark! :O vind je outfit leuk trouwens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this look! The dress is lovely! Love the shoes and the socks :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. An adorable little dress! I love the retro color of it and the cute socks and oxfords you paired with it. The hat is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh you are so cute! I love the hat and jacket and everything! How adorable are these buttons on your dress?! And as i had not seen your red hair tips I must say: it looks amazing and suits you so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. definitely parisian art student of the forties! You look soooo good in this dress and I think it is one of my favorites in a long time of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete