Review: Catrice 130 Frozen Rose and 250 Matte About Pink

Hey guys! A couple of weeks ago, I picked up two new shades of Catrice lipstick that single-handedly (double-handedly?) kicked my love for make up and beauty into a new gear. Which was obviously very welcome, since winter stopped inspiring me QUITE a while ago. Nothing like a tube of lippie to give your look an easy makeover when nothing else seems to work, especially if that tube only costs 3,99€. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY

So what are you waiting for! 

Oh, right, my review. 




130 Frozen Rose and 250 Matte About Pink are both part of Catrice's Ultimate Colour range, so they come in the signature shiny black tube with a clear bottom, showing the shade. A sturdy, classy tube if you ask me. I like how the metal feels quite thick, which means your lipstick is isolated from sudden increases in temperature for example. But more importantly: I've never had a Catrice Ultimate Colour tube open up in my pocket or purse. Muchos importante. So, packaging: nothing extravagant, but everything it should be. Not that I care a lot about the look of my beauty products, to be honest. I just want them to look good on ME.




This swatch pretty accurately represents the colour these two shades leave on my lips. Frozen Rose is a cool (blue) toned nude pink. The finish is somewhere between matte and cream sheen. Matte About Pink is a shade that can look anything from bright pink or pastel coral to an orangy red, depending on the light and your own lip colour. It is absolutely matte, though, which I love. I've never been a fan of a super glossy pout. Both shades have a tendency to emphasize dry lips, so pay attention to that if you want a flawless finish. Light scrubbing or using some lip balm underneath will fix that for you.




As you can see, the Matte About Pink can give a very different result depending on the lighting. First picture is slightly overexposed, second picture a bit darker, and third was taken outside with natural light. This is definitely a shade to swatch on your own skin before taking home! However, it looks lovely in any light if you ask me. Very wearable yet still punchy, and with a slight retro-Pan Am feel to it.




Again, the real colour of Frozen Rose is somewhere between all of these pictures. This one was a surprise, because it's the ONLY light pink/nude lipstick I've EVER found to look good on me. I actually went shopping to buy Matte About Pink and brought Frozen Rose home because I liked the way it swatched, but when I wore it... Oh man. I've been wearing it basically ever since. It's so chique, so unlike all of my other lipsticks, so easy... The perfect lipstick to wear when you want to look put together, but still effortless. And I looooove the way nude lipstick emphasizes my eyes and makes my lips look more luscious! A recommendation across the board.


SO. How do you feel about these matte lipsticks? Is nude pink too Barbie for you, or perfectly spring appropriate?


13 comments

  1. Ze staan u alletwee supergoed! Ik weet niet of zo'n tint roze mij zou staan (rost haar limiteert make-up opties nogal), felroze/fuschia draag ik wel soms en die vind ik wel nog leuk. en I <3 Catrice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jawellllll http://i.huffpost.com/gen/406158/EMMA-STONE-REVLON.jpg !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ok dan :D maar zo'n lichtroze matte lippenstift vind ik echt mooi. Ik hou ook niet van teveel gloss, en dan blijft je haar plakken enzo :D maar misschien moet ik eerst eens mijn uitpuilende lipstickdoos opgebruiken haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. (shhhhht, als het aankomt op goedkope lipstickjes is blind consumentisme niet zo erg :( )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ze staan u alletwee super! Als ze er bij mij zouden uitzien zoals elke kleur op de laatste foto, whoa. Maar recentelijk ben ik gek op de lip stains van catrice, een soort viltstif die je lippen kleur geeft zonder te geschminkt te lijken, geen gevaar voor uitvegen enzo. Daar voel ik mij pas op mijn gemak bij ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. zijn lipstains normaal niet meer zoals een gloss? Klinkt interessant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried out some of the glossier Catrice lipsticks (can't be bothered to check the official name of the line) and I wasn't a big fan of those, apart from ketch-me-up I found it hard to get a nice finish and none of them lasted very well. Maybe the matte ones are better though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you mean the ones in the silver tube? probably the ultimate shine line? I have Kiss Kiss Hibiskiss and I quite love it! But they don't really last, that's true. Then again, they are super easy to reapply because they are more glossy than truly like lipstick, so I don't mind reapplying :) oh and I liked the finish, but that definitely differs from shade to shade. I can vouch for Kiss Kiss though :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ja die hebben ze ook, maar deze noemen colour infusion long lasting lipstain, en geven enkel een kleurtje aan je lippen. Als je de juiste, subtiele kleur hebt, lijkt het alsof je niets op hebt maar je lippen gewoon voller en iets feller van kleur zijn. Ik ben fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zien er super uit, altijd al van geweest van catrice, zowel nagellak als lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fijne review! Ik heb vandaag 'matte about pink' gekocht. Mooie kleur, hoewel ie bij mij veel roziger staat dan bij jou :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. JALOERS! Ik wou eigenlijk dat hij roziger was bij mij :(

    ReplyDelete