Neon Trimmed Blazer, Spring Schoolgirl



dress: COS - tights: H&M - blazer: c/o Eva Daeleman for Vila - boots: c/o Sacha - sunglasses: c/o Oasap - ear cuff: Claire's


This entire outfit and all of my jumpy pics are made of win. Don't argue with me, it's true. And I'm allowed to toot my own horn because it took some effort to put this together! I wanted to wear my BEAUTIFUL new boots (also available in a minty blue!), and because I had zero inspiration (and was in mood for a challenge), I asked my boyfriend to pick a piece for me to wear. He must have been in a good mood, because usually he crumbles in a little pile of nononoplzno when I give him a conundrum like that, but not this day! No. He immediately said "wear that one schoolgirl dress from COS with the collar". I kid you not. I don't know whether he picked this one because it was the first (only) piece that he could name and describe, or whether he was in a pervy mood (probs both), but I took that challenge like the champ I am. I messed around a bit with trying to make the combination of the dress and the boots a little more fresh and springy (good luck making black spring-appropriate), and then this beauuutiful neon trimmed blazer I had received a few days earlier caught my eye and I was like YES THIS ALL OF IT. And voila, my outfit! And then my sis worked her magic at getting loads of flattering, in focus jump shots and that's how all of this came together.

I don't know if you noticed my ear cuff, but I've recently gotten way into upper ear piercings. I was about to schedule an appointment to get pierced with my sis - until I did some research and apparently, after getting your cartilage pierced, it will hurt SO MUCH that you won't be able to sleep on that ear for MONTHS. Damn, like, I want to be able to sleep however the hell I please, ya know? I'm a very crappy sleeper as it is, so I don't want to set myself up for an even worse experience. But my infatuation with piercings didn't let up, so I started looking into ear cuffs, and then I ran into a beautiful piece at H&M, and then my sis bought a set of ear cuffs for me when Claire's was having a buy two get one free thing going on, and now my need for piercings has been sated. For a while at least.


PS: my pictures don't show off my sunglasses, but they are SO cool. Get them here for just 15€!



21 comments

  1. Neon colors make the world a better place. Great shots! Naomi has some serious photo skillz, great jumps there too!

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuke blazer, ik vind je haar trouwens ook heel leuk op die tweede foto ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that yeah, the thing about the upper ear piercing and it hurting for months is true. I had mine done and i think it was well over 6 months maybe more, until I could sleep on the side of the piercing. I never regretted it, I still love it, but man does it hurt for aggeeeees ;) Love the outfit Annebeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik draag al heel lang earcuffs en was aan het denken om er eentje te laten piercen, maar dat slaap verhaal vind ik toch maar niks! Ook een slechte slaper hier, dus laat maar al zitten! Supermooie foto's trouwens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The neon is perfect with your eye makeup! Lovely outfit.
    And no, I know, I love cartilage piercings but I had one and it hurt SO BADLY, especially after going on a roller coaster that involved some head bashing, so I took it out and I just wear a cuff now, which is way more comfortable =]


    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jumpy photos are adorable, as is this outfit!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would survive that much of discomfort for such a long period of time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. de meest onvoorbereide outfits zijn ALTIJD de beste! Maw loking fab! En prachtige botjes, zou ik ook meteen aanslagen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. je trouve sa mignon sans arrière pensé, sa me fait aussi 1 peu pensé à certaines tenues des étudiantes japonaises

    ReplyDelete
  10. merci beaucoup! et je suis d'accord au sujet des étudiantes japonaises :) kawaii! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these photos and this outfit. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw cartilage piercings aren't that bad! My sister got hers done up on top there a couple months back and she's been able to sleep on it for a while now. I sleep on mine too relatively comfortably depending on the day, but mine are in different places. Just get it done with a needle not a piercing gun and it heals much faster.
    Annnyyyway! I just love this outfit and your jumping pictures. The neon trim on your blazer is so cool and it looks wonderful with the little black dress. I love how full the skirt on your dress is too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Een zalige look, heel heel mooi, vind ik! Maaaaaaybe even one of my favorites...


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Echt vette foto's, je staat er super mooi op! Nu, als jij me nou es dat jasje geeft.

    ReplyDelete
  15. super! leuk gecombineerd, gedurfd vind ik and i like!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in LOVE with this outfit. I think it's perfect on you, and all the twirly jumpy pictures are the best!I need an awesome sister like yours to come take in-focus pictures of me jumping. Although my jumping poses are always WAY more awkward than yours, and not graceful in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dit is echt een hele leuke outfit! Zo'n schattig en mooi jurkje! echt geweldig!


    Liefs, leen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore this outfit it's so classy and elegant yet fresh n cool!

    Not to make this piercing was def. the right decision. I had mine done when I was 15, wore it one year or so with pain and took it off. I can still put it in, but it starts to hurt again immediately!

    ReplyDelete