Outfit: the perfect Chelsea boots with a braid crown

Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse, skinny jeans and chelsea boots


Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse, skinny jeans
Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse
Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse, skinny jeans and chelsea boots
skinny jeans, Fred de la Bretoniere chelsea boots
braid crown, edwardian blouse
Cluse watch, minimalist ring, broderie anglaise sleeves
Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse, skinny jeans
Outfit: braid crown, edwardian blouse, skinny jeans and chelsea boots
 Edwardian blouse: Zara - skinny jeans: c/o G-Star - chelsea boots: c/o Fred de la Bretoniere - maxi coat: H&M - watch: c/o Cluse - belt: Vero Moda - handbag: c/o Maestro via Duifhuizen
pictures by Fobe

I just had a phenomenal Sunday brunch with my dude (fresh bread and a home made cherry-banana-yoghurt smoothie, yummm), and now I'm sitting on the couch listening to Rihanna's Anti for the bajillionth time (SUCH an underrated chill album), snuggling with our ginger tabby cat, and typing up this blogpost. Life is good right now. It might seem weird to say something like that after the terrorist attack in Brussels earlier this week, but I feel a strong need to focus on this peaceful, thankful state of mind I'm in right now. 

At times I can be overcome by a sort of inexplicable wave of negative emotions: resentment, frustration, dissociation, all of that, and I never know how to deal with it. Generally there's no real cause for the feelings either, my life isn't noticeably better now than it is at those lower times. Must be some chemical imbalance in my brain, but it does make it an even greater priority for me to fully embrace the moments where everything just seems so very right. Right place, right time, right mindset.

About today's outfit: all of these elements came together organically in my mind, inspired by style icons like Alexa Chung, Kirsten Dunst and Chloe Sevigny. Oh, and this perfect picture of Jennifer Lawrence in a braided updo and a conservative white dress. I like the contrast of the slightly sister-wife-esque top half and the rock-chique bottom half. It's been ages since I've rocked the braid crown, and after feeling like it's too much of a typical, twee, 2011 sort of look, I'm happy to revisit the hairstyle I used to love so much without feeling like I'm dressing up as a hipster.

I actually think I started putting the look together based on these absolutely perfect pair of Chelsea boots. To me, Chelsea boots are a quintessential part of my daily wardrobe, an item I could not live without, and I've spent the last years always keeping one eye open in search of a pair that would combine all the characteristics I was looking for. A low-medium height block heel, an almond shaped toe, a sleek shape and a relatively high shaft: this gorgeous pair of Fred de la Bretoniere boots has it all. I know I will wear these boots until they fall apart! I was lucky enough to receive them as part of my partnership with the brand, but I can assure you I would buy these with my own money as well. It's not often that you find a pair of leather boots that you know will go with everything in your wardrobe, even as fashion (and maybe you too) changes.

PS yes I'm just casually sitting on the pavement. I know it looks kind of ridiculous but sitting pictures are kind of my fav.

No comments