Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review

Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review
 
Hiya! It's Saturday night and I'm feeling not exactly fancy free, because I'm recovering from the flu. Which is also the reason why I've been missing in action for the past few days - sorry! I got a bit better just in time to participate in the Calamartes debate on media and sexualization I was invited to, uhm, participate in (excuse my less than stellar eloquence today, reidual flu), and then the flu hit me back hard for my insolence. I've been curled up like a sad ball of feverish coughing for the past 24 hours, but I couldn't bare leaving my blog unattended for any longer, so here I am with a quick post.

Maybelline released a new mascara last month, and I was sent over a tube to review. As you might have picked up from my mascara comparison post, mascara is a vital part of my beauty routine, so I'm always on the lookout for new options. I present to you: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama. You've probably seen the ad with Gigi Hadid by now, claiming you'll get the false lashes look by simply using The Falsies Push Up Drama. Let's see if it lives up to its claims.

Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review

This newest Maybelline offering comes in the kind of tube that makes it look like it is dual ended - for example with a primer on one end, and the actual mascara on the other. This is not the case, only the red side twists off, revealing a brush with short, sharp, spiky plastic bristles. I've never used this kind of brush before, so I was curious to see how it compared to my regular spoolie wands.

Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review

Now, let me first warn you: the formula is thick, wet and super black, and if you don't take care to use a light hand applying the mascara, your lashes will end up goopy, clumpy and super intense. Which is OK, if that's the look you're going for, but I want my mascara to allow me to build up to my prefered finish, and this one is full on clumpy from the first swipe if you don't apply carefully. However, if you've figured out how to use this one right, you'll have full, intensely black lashes with minimal effort. The formula also has a pretty strong scent, very reminiscent of Urban Decay's Perversion, but it doesn't bother me.

Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review

And if you do want that extra intense, spiky lash look, you can easily build up to it by adding a second coat. As I did in this last pic.

Beauty: Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara review

I didn't love this mascara straight away, as the clumpy look is a bit intimidating to me. But then I noticed that Maybelline's The Falsies Push Up Drama leaves fewer smudges on my browbone than my previous fav (Maybelline Go Chaotic), and in addition, it's much easier to fully remove at the end of the day. I just rub in a bit of my Corine De Farme micellar gel and it's gone. I figured I'd give it another shot the next day, and after figuring out how to apply it sans clumps, it has become my new go-to mascara. I can fully recommend it. If you snap it up quickly, you can get it discounted at Kruidvat for just €10.99!

Enjoy your weekend, babes.

No comments