Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans

Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans


Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans
Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans
Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse, boyfriend jeans and tassel brogues
Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans
Outfit: eggplant robe coat, Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans
Outfit: Edwardian blouse, ripped boyfriend jeansOutfit: Edwardian blouse, boyfriend jeans and tassel brogues
Outfit: Edwardian blouse and boyfriend jeans
  coat: c/o Mint & Berry via Zalando - Edwardian blouse, boyfriend jeans: Zara - belt: Vero Moda - tassel brogues: c/o Softwaves - handbag: & Other Stories - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - necklace: c/o Lobogato

Hi there! Happy International Women's Day. I'm not blogging about that subject specifically this year, but I fully support the cause, as you know. Sexism is still omnipresent all over the world, and even though we have it a lot better in Belgium than other people across the world does not mean that we don't have our very own issues to deal with over here. You only have to turn on your TV during Komen Eten (our version of Come Dine With Me) to see every young-ish, thin-ish female person being accosted like she's the main course of the night by at least one man in that week's group of competitors. Besides, the "well someone else is doing worse than I am" is an argument for slackers, and slackers get nowhere. SO THERE.

But I'm just keeping on keeping on with this here blog. I don't write as much as I used to, but you'll have to blame the PhD for that. I've found an outlet for all of my intersectional overthinking and I'm actually being paid to write it all down, so this blog has become a bit lighter to digest. I hope you don't mind! I really love today's outfit, and it is very representative of what I wear on a daily basis. The boyfriend jeans I wear almost every day now that I'm conducting my research in after school care - casual comfort is key in being approachable with the tweens. The brogues have been my favourite pair of shoes this winter because they're hella comfy and smarten up every outfit. I feel like the combination of the boyfriend jeans + this blouse reads very Spanishly stylish, but don't ask me to explain why. I feel like Gala Gonzalez might have worn something like this back in the day.
And then there's this glorious coat. I'd had this coat favourited on my Zalando wishlist for MONTHS, and I even ordered it but sent it back because I only allowed myself to buy one new coat, and I felt like my Zara military coat was more distinct from the coats I already owned. I still wanted it, though. Imagine my delight when I received it as a PR gift a couple of weeks ago! I hadn't even shared anything about my crush on the coat on social media, so this really was a case of great serendipity. I've been wearing it a lot and I feel super elegant (and warm) in it. if you're contemplating buying it for yourself, size down, because it's a bit oversized. Find it here, it's still available in all sizes!

PS yes I'm touching my hair a lot in these pics. Deal with it.

No comments