Studded Platform Boots

denim shirt: River Island - jeggings, striped shirt: Pimkie - earrings: H&M - boots: Wild Doll - watch: c/o Swatch

These earrings make me feel like one of those cliché latina secretary types you know from the movies (ah, cultural insensitivity!): big earrings, big hair, tight jeans, long nails and immaculate make up. You probably don't know this about me, but I have always been a HUGE fan of that look. Such an overt form of femininity, full of pride and sass and boldness for the sake of celebrating one's own sex appeal without thinking of people you're trying to please with it. I mean, how many heterosexual guys go bonkers for big earrings and elaborate nail art anyway?

And these studded boots! I have hated Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots for suuuuch a long time because they reminded me of horses and hooves, but this studded suede pair of knock offs has made me do a full 180 on the matter. I think these babies are GORGEOUS. It's not even logical, I just fell for these so hard. Sort of like my shame-crush on Dan Karaty. I CAN'T HELP IT YO

My honest review: I have difficult feet (flat, narrow, STUPID) and quite often the shoes I order online fit me like a washcloth fits a banana: not at fucking all. So it was a very pleasant surprise when I put these on and they fit my foot snugly -> good support for my sad feet. Affordable shoes often have a short arch which makes me scrunch my toes and gives me a crampy calves. Not so with these bad boys! 

I wouldn't go as far to say that they are COMFORTABLE (I ain't no liar), but they are quite easy to walk in for shoes this high (12cm), and they fit my foot nicely. The look and the way they fit make them worth the money I spent on them, so if you were waiting for someone's opinion: I'd say go get them!

Soooo what do you think? Do you hate Lita and her lookalikes, or are you on sale selling sold?

22 comments

  1. Echt leuk die schoenen! En sorry maar DAN O_0 als die lacht kan toch niemand weerstaan?

    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha hij doet me een beetje denken aan het klierige jonge broertje van een vriendin, maar ik heb eens een vieze droom over Dan gehad en sindsdien kan ik het niet meer ontkennen :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind het echt te zalige schoenen! Ik wil er ooook! Denk trouwens eerder dat ik ook voor een knock-off ga gaan, vooral omdat ik weet dat zulke hoge schoenen niet zo vaak gedragen worden door mij (niet als ik lang moet staan, niet als ik lang/veel moet wandelen, niet als er kasseien in de buurt zijn...).
    GE-WEL-DI-GE outfit trouwens ook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ik heb nog steeds niet beslist of ik ze nu geweldig vind of toch niet hahah , ik denk dat ze bij mij niet erg leuk staan

    ReplyDelete
  5. dank! ja, ik kon het ook echt niet verantwoorden om the real deal te kopen want volgens mij zijn die voor mijn voeten gewoon even oncomfortabel en moeilijk om in te lopen. Deze knock offs zijn echt in orde btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ik snap het, ik vond ze eerst ook mottig :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik ben een grote fan van platform heels, ze zijn fab en zitten gemakkelijk (enfin toch voor een hak van dergelijke hoogte :p) Loving the look, precies of je uit zo'n 90's sitcom komt, stereotypering en al. Nog een sjiek erbij en 't was compleet! Maar het staat u :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik vind ze nog steeds wel leuk, die lita's, maar zou ze zelf eens moeten passen, past niet echt bij de rest van m'n stijl denk ik...
    Ennuh, Dan Karaty is such a cutie!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sexy look, ik hou er ook van! Die laarsjes heb ik ook een hele tijd niks aan gevonden maar toen zag ik deze : http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/images2.solestruck.com/black-milk-x-jeffrey-campbell-shoes/Black-Milk-X-Jeffrey-Campbell-shoes-Lita-Fab-(Rainbow-Galaxy)-010604.jpg en ik denk dat we ALLEMAAL weten hoeveel ik van galaxyprint hou. Ooit koop ik ze. En die die jij nu hebt gekocht zijn super heet. Ik vind die grote hoops ook echt cool bij je staan! Voor mij zijn ze nooit uit geweest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of the lita's either...but I do LOVE the spiked version of them...and these super cute boots! I think they are just so fun. I like how you styled them. It's kinda of funny how excited I got when I found another person with flat feet. Hope you are doing well! Sorry I haven't stopped by in such a long time. I've missed you & your blog.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you can make a jean jacket and jeans so glam and cute! Maybe you have magical powers. Oh and my friend and I will for sure be in Belgium in the spring for a day or two! I would love some recommendations or maybe a tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. don't worry about it babe, I'm glad and honoured you're dropping by again! I really have the best readers :) and flat feet are NO fun :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. ik denk juist van wel, als je een simpel paar neemt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this comment, precies de look waar ik voor ging en je beschrijft het perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm honestly a fan of the Lita's, especially when Jeffrey Campbell started to put up their own tiny space in our local mall. They're only selling Lita's and man, they still look wonderful. I've been telling myself I needed a pair since ages. And then I keep thinking its too late. and then I think no I really do need them still. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha ik had hetzelfde gevoel ivm die lita's, maar deze vallen best mee! Love the denim shirt!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to meet up! but I'm not a pro in sightseeing or secret shop places or anything, I basically just visit all of the typical highstreet stores :D I suck at authenticity! I think the entirety of Ghent is lovely to visit, and Bruges and Leuven (Louvain) of course: lots of old timey charm. And for shopping I'd recommend Antwerp (Meir, Kammenstraat) and Brussels!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deze vind ik eigelijk ook wel waanzinnig cool!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491353814216969&set=a.491353514216999.117819.213400265345660&type=1&theater

    http://dressyourlifeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete