Reading, Buys and Flipping the Bird

Ah, Friday! A day to meditate on the things you learned, the struggles you faced, the people that enriched your life the past week. In short, A DAY TO CHILLAX YO. I did some work for my work (keeping it real), and then I started reading a book that just arrived in the mail. 

I may love clothes, but I have been buying more books than clothes over the past half year. I guess graduating and the accompanying freedom of mandatory reading finally resparked my love for books. I used to be the kind of kid that read four books a week, but all of that lessened during my days at Uni. I'm glad to revisit that part of my personality.



I'm reading City of Dragons right now. I'm not the biggest fantasy fan out there, but Robin Hobb is one of my favorite writers so I jump at any new book she publishes. Her Farseer, Liveships and Tawny Man trilogies have everything an exciting read should offer: captivating characters, adventure, a huge in-story realm and real political and social issues worked into the chapters. If you are in any way open to fantasy novels, I strongly suggest you check her out! Her new Rain Wild Chronicles trilogy is OK, not her best but still a fun read.
ANYWAY, you can't buy JUST books ya know. So last tuesday, I went shopping. And this is what I bought.

earrings: H&M - boots, sequin dress: Forever21 - coat/cardigan: Pull&Bear

I'm looking forward to showing you all of these in outfitposts. I feel like I've gotten a lot better at buying stuff I actually love rather than trash that spoke to me in the moment. No use for holding a big closet sale and getting rid of the clothes you don't wear to fill it up again with new stuff you won't wear now, is there? So I'm definitely buying stuff more consciously now. 

The boots are very cheap, but I've already worn them a lot and they are SUPER comfortable and look super classy, especially considering they cost me 30€. If you're interested, they're also available in black. The coat/cardigan hybrid is WAY classy and perfect in every way: light but warm enough to wear year round when the temperatures ask for a coat, dressy like a blazer but comfortable like a cardigan, and the knit, tweed like look of the fabric looks really expensive. The sort of piece that might just as well be COS rather than Pull&Bear, if you catch my drift. 40€.  

And the dress! Aaah the dress. I have never owned a sequined dress in fact, and I can not WAIT to show it to you and have the light play on it like I'm a giant disco ball. Can't believe it only cost me 28€, it looks SO much more expensive. And of course, the earrings are perfect for my current Chav Chic obsession. You see, I bought wisely.

A lot of talk for a few pictures, I probably bore you to death but I'm talkative today, SORRY! To make it up to you, here is a picture of me wearing my new cardicoat, flipping off a cardriver that leaned out the window to whistle at me while I was having my picture taken. My boyfriend just kept snapping and I was delighted to see he caught this whimsical moment so I can show you all how I am in my natural habitat.


I'm off to read a bit more now, catch ya later! In the meantime, tell me what you like to read.

17 comments

  1. Dju, ik heb nog getwijfeld over die jas. Misschien toch maar gaan halen ;). En dat boek ziet er geweldig uit! Ik ben een mega Harry Potter - Lord of the Rings fan, dus dat zal mij ook wel smaken denk :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die jas lijkt me echt leuk, lekker cosy! Stoere pose trouwens :D.

    http://jesuisvirginie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ik ben ooit eens begonnen in LOTR maar ik vond het nogal "zwaar" dus heb ik het niet volgehouden. OOIT zal ik het wel doen! En wie houdt er nu niet van Harry Potter <3 ik zou het je aanraden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. het was geen pose, het was real life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I love your candid shot :) and those boots are sooo cute, I found similar ones (beige? lightest grey?) and love them! and I used to read a LOT as a kid, but college totally changed that for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this post makes me want to go book hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja lap zeg, ik heb die jas ook. Veel leuke stuff by P&B, ik kom er nauwelijks maar als ik er kom moet ik ook wel steeds langs de kassa passeren :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ik heb er voorheen nog nooit iets gekocht, binnengetrokken door vriendin en idd niet teleurgesteld!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha die foto! Die jas ziet er wel echt za-lig uit! Toch eens de pull & bear checken hier, die is ook nog eens goedkoper dus... ideaal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaaah yes! I totally understand your feelings on reading. I enjoyed the freedom of reading again after graduating, even tho I was studying something I really enjoyed at university, it was something I truly missed during uni years. After graduating I got back reading as many books I like without feeling guilty for not studying enough.. :D
    First thing I did as a post-graduate and after recovering some sleep: reading the whole "A Song of Ice and Fire" by G.R.R.Martin! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have to read those, but I'm afraid it will ruin the series for me if I know everything that will happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, you should read it even if you are watching Game of Thrones! Infact, I enjoyed the series even more after reading all the books. And I am re-reading the books again after watching the 2nd season.. Truth is, I can't get enough of those characters and stories. They are great! I know many people who read the books first and loved the series then. The books are wow. I love
    the series too. I seriously love it even if I know the story. No, I can't get enough of it (and no, I am not a fantasy addicted, I just read Martin and Terry Pratchett - if you would consider Disc World series a fantasy, but it's not really)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaaaaah die botten <3 woensdag kopen dus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh echt een leuke jas! Ik lees ook echt graag, nou ja als je iedere week 4uur op de trein moet doorbrengen is een boek wel handig! Ik kan daar echt zo in opgaan :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha that photo is genius.. definitely a framer! and ps the coatigan is gorgeous!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha! That picture is AWESOME! I love your personality. It makes me giggle.
    Ah, I have so many books to read right now, but you're making me want to start yet another one! I need some new authors to check out.

    ReplyDelete