PINK, Leggings and Platforms

sweater: Forever21 - leggings, earrings: H&M - platforms - Ebay - watch: c/o Swatch 

 I'm into Lana Del Rey again. I mean, did you see her Ride videoclip? I love mostly everything about it, apart from the bit with the dude combing her hair (that shit be cray). The monologue intro could have been written by my teenage self. Aching for love and desire and searching for it in places many people would deem unworthy, but how could it be wrong if it felt so good? And what can make you feel more beautiful or more desirable than the look in an older man's eyes, who realizes your 16 year old ass is the forbidden fruit of his dreams? 

Basically, one could describe Lana's work as an ode to daddy issues, and if you're a girl who's had to deal with those, I bet her lyrics will go straight to your heart. I know that's what they do to me. Read Lana Del Rey's Ride monologue here. And you can watch the video below.



You're probably wondering why the hell I'm talking about Lana all of a sudden, or maybe you're not because you recognized my leggings: yes, they are from the H&M collection that featured Lana in the ads. You all know I am a bit of a fool for printed leggings, ESPECIALLY when I can wear them as pants (which is always, in my book).


Of course I wore them my own way, all sillified with a pink jumber and flatforms. But I'd like to believe I give them the same slightly tacky little-girl-dressing-like-a-sexpuss vibe as Lana would. WHADAYASAY?

13 comments

  1. I recognized the leggings because I remember I saw them in the shop and I thought, what a lovely print! I like how you wore them in your own casual relaxed way.
    About Lana: I love Ride, both the song and the video. And she looks beautiful as ever with dark hair <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could too, just ride. Loving your cheery look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, and I think the new direction you've taken your style in is great (even though it always has been!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wel, dat roze gaat u goed af! Leuke print ook; nieuwere collectie ligt ook in de winkel, gisteren eens gaan piepen en zitten nog leuke dingen tussen ;)


    www.denbelle.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roze boom, roze boom! Mooie legging, ik heb daar het broek-versietje van want ik ben nog niet zo helemaal into het leggings-as-pants-idee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. die is ook mooi, maar het comfort van een PIYAMAleggingbroek wint voor mij altijd. Also, da staat mij mooier dan een echte broek :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh mijn legging EN trui nadoen :o haha je staat er supergoed mee! Maar had je niet te warm met je sokken? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. IK HAD DIE TRUI EERST! en nee, ik had alleen een bh onder die trui aan :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Lana Del Ray leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic, always. I love those leggings on you, and the oversized sweater, and the huge hoop earrings (you pull those off so well!).
    You also might be getting me into Lana Del Rey. Not that I disliked her ever, I've just never been interested one way or the other. But she IS pretty interesting, and I like her style.

    ReplyDelete