Mullet Skirt, Lots of Black

Skirt:  Zara via Polienne - jacket: Zara - boots: Texto - friendship bracelet: Etsy - earrings: H&M

This is an outfit I wore to my day job. Not that I have a night job or anything, though you might say this blog is my second profession after hours, but I just really like saying day job. Feels so grown up and profesh! And I can't believe how lucky I am to be able to wear practically any outfit to my job.

I've worked in a few different places up until now, and each of those positions limited my outfit options. First job: I had to dress classy. Second job: I had a uniform. Third job: I had to dress comfortable. But now? I have to walk maybe 100 meters in a day, including getting from my front door to my office FOR REAL, so I can wear the whackiest shoes on earth if I'd want to. I don't have a uniform, and since I work behind the scenes, I don't have to look classy or dressed up either. 
This is seriously heaven for someone like me who likes to experiment with their style. Not to mention that my job is fun and my colleagues and bosses are all supernice. Yeah, I'm lucky as hell!

The outfit is something comfortable I put together because I wanted to wear this pretty skirt I bought from Paulien at our blogger closet sale. This skirt didn't find a new home during the sale itself, strangely. It's such a pretty skirt, and the print and colors work great both for fall and for summer if you ask me.

N.E. way, I'm off to chill a bit. TTYL!


15 comments

  1. Skirt is perfect for you and your new hairz! Rock it!
    En zo blij voor jou en jouw jooob!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, ik ben echt blij want hij staat jou supergoed! Ik kreeg het echt niet voor elkaar er iets van te maken, hoewel ik de print ook echt prachtig vond. Ennn hij is trouwens van Zara & niet van F21 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh heb te snel getypt! editteuuu
    dankjewel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like asymmetrical skirts! Your hairs looks long and shiny, it's pretty:-)!


    XxX A.
    http://fashion-fools.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random comment of the day: I'm finding it interesting watching both yours and my hair grow on-blog. I was just looking at yours and thinking it was dead sexy and that maybe my bf has a point that I look better with long hair, although last week I was all for getting a pixie cut. You're someone who's had all the lengths (the shorted I've gone is cheek-length). Thoughts on the sexiness vs. irritation factor of longer hair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit! Love it! That's awesome that you can wear any type of shoe to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, die heb ik helemaal niet gezien op de closet sale! DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prachtige rok en ik ben super blij voor je dat je zo blij bent met je job! BLIJ! :-D Hele coole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. leuk dat je kan dragen wat je wil, da's idd een grote luxe :) fijn dat je job zo fijn is!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have totally been paying attention to your growing hair as well, we seem to be growing it out quite simultaneously! I think you look mega sexy with your longer hair too, everytime I visit your blog I notice it.

    My thoughts on the length of hair and sexiness are a bit messy: my boyfriend did a LOT of complaining through the first stages of growing it out (bob-shoulder length) since he isn't a fan of long hair on women, he thinks short hair looks more special and shows of a pretty face whereas long hair just hides. But he has come around to it, he thinks it's superpretty now. He just hates getting hair in his mouth and nose in bed :D

    Personally, I think this is a stage for me. I haven't had hair this long since I was 17 and it felt really new to me, almost like super short hair probably feels to someone who has always had long hair. I like playing with it and grooming it and having it blow in the wind. I hate when it tangles or that it gets caught in stuff, and that it's such a big load to wash. But right now, long hair is a conscious decision for me. It's my hair and I feel like having long hair, I like how conventionally pretty I look with it. Shorter hair limits me more in my look and my appearance: I look a lot more serious and grown up with short hair, or at least I feel like I do. And I always feel like short hair doesn't go with every sort of outfit (f.e. maxi dress with shorter hair, or an outfit of 100% simple basics with shorter hair). I'm over analyzing though, I'm just not into short hair right now. It doesn't inspire me. But I'm sure I'll make the cut again in the future, because getting rid of it all is SO freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are gorgeous.
    And I'm so glad your new job is so awesome! You deserve a good job like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your leather jacket and I like that you don't have a dress code in your office. You look so beautiful, too! <3

    ReplyDelete