Halloween 2012: Black Swan Costume

corset, tutu skirt: Ebay - tights: H&M - feathers: part of a dollarstore/euroshop boa - flats: Texto 


OK so I was gone for two days because I had my Halloweenparty on Sunday and went to see Skyfall (RECOMMENDATION!) on Monday, so my evenings were pretty busy and I had literally NO time to blog. Sorry! But here I am in ALL of my glory, to share pictures of my costume with you. The photographs of the party will go up tomorrow!

I am pretty fracking stoked about how well my Black Swan Halloween costume turned out. The corset and the tutu skirt were bought together on Ebay at some slightly fetishy store but it was cheap and I figured I could totally wear the corset again in some other setting (yeah, the boyfriend is very pleased). I did my hair up in a sock bun and the shoes are simply my black flats with some ribbon tied around my feet and ankles. 

The make up might look cool but it was RIDICULOUSLY easy. The hardest part is probably the outline around my eyes: pointed down from eyebrows to halfway down my nose ending in a V shape, straight across the eyebrows and underneath the eyes, tapering towards the hairline. But if you get that rough shape right, you just have to fill up the outline with squiggly lines. Srsly. That's all I did. Without any perfectionism. It just looks RAD without effort. 

Apart from that I just slapped on white face paint all over my face + dark red lipstick, plus some of the fake blood that came with my sister's vampire teeth to go on my index finger. I think we all remember that scene (DO NOT CLICK IF YOU'RE QUEASY IN ANY WAY).

Like it? I sure did! Especially after loosening the lacing on the back of my corset so that I could actually breathe. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

34 comments

  1. This turned out amazing!!! I love it!! What a brilliant idea, and looks like it wasn't too hard to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed! the corset and tutu were super cheap and I already had the tights etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This costume is AMAZING! Ah! I love it! So, so awesome. Also, I want your shoes.

    Mr. Owl and I didn't get a chance to make real halloween costumes, but I think I'm going to convince him that we should at least do some sort of photoshoot. I already have some ideas, and hopefully they work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome costume! And the make-up is pretty amazing too! Well done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je halloween outfit is echt AWESOME & very much alike! Het zou ook cool geweest zijn mocht je nog rode kleurlenzen aangedaan hebben, voor nog een extra scary effect :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. jaaaa wou ik ook maar dat vond ik toch wat te duur toen ik het checkte :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazingggg costume! looks great <3

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best costume idea evah! Ik mis ook wel nog de rode lenzen! Details details.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost did this too! But I went for a trapeze artist instead. :) I was still able to wear my pointe shoes. So that was a plus. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO C.O.O.L! I can't decides how to dress up, I think I could celebrate 7 days of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hihi ik was een keer Lady Gaga, maar dat is so last year I guess :) Deze outfit is echt zalig! En die schmink doet op één of andere manier de kleur van uw ogen zo goed uitkomen. Althans, die kleur was me nooit opgevallen en nu plots wel :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super geslaagd!



    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how this costume is very pulled together yet very cheap and affordable. Good for you to be able to find great bargain finds. Plus, the makeup looks really legit! It's like the realy Black Swan makeup. I wanna dress for Halloween too, but too bad we don't celebrate it here in the Philippines that much. Anyway, I hope you can visit my blog: http://channieonthecover.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god you are freakin' amazing!! such a simple yet absolutely perfect costume!! great job w/ the face paint & everything in general! you look like a total ballerina w/ your long and slender figure but not so creepy like Natalie Portman in it. Glad you had a great Halloween and Halloween weekend, sounds like tons of fun- yay parties & shows!!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooow! Je ziet er geweldig fabelous uit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Echt super outfit, ben benieuwd naar de "party-pictures"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! Stylish AND scary, what tops that? :)

    Ik heb me verkleed als een enge, moordzuchtige pop (http://peachesandpeaches.blogspot.be/2012/10/what-we-wear-wednesday-murder-doll.html).

    Hoe leuk is Halloween?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice! It seriously looks amazing! I'm doing my usual Grinchy, avoiding-Hallowe'en thing and going to a Rockabilly party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. freaking awesome!! and the make up turned out perfect - and if you say with no effort, that's a plus!
    No halloween plans here, if I ever decide to face the rain and go out, it will be a last minute something :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. AMAZING! You look so pretty and scary and pretty :-)
    Love the ballet look with the flats!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha you ARE really the grinch :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your outfit, en Halloween = acessss

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! You look gorgeous and amazing! Gawd. Wish I dressed up as someone else for Halloween. I just slept it away.

    ReplyDelete
  24. afgelopen zaterdag was ik op een Halloweenfeestje, en er was ook een meisje verkleed als the Black Swan. Heerlijk ! Je ogen zijn supergoed gelukt! Ik was dit jaar maar een saaie heks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Waauw mooi! Ik ben echt veel te lui om moeite in een kostuum te steken, oeps.

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic costume! That's a clever idea with the shoes. Ballet shoes but still practical to walk around in. The make-up is seriously cool.
    I was Holly Golightly for Halloween, which was just about the best fun ever.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you! I'm not really that long though haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, well done! You look amazing, and the makeup is super cool (even if it was easy). Haa, Black Swan...every time Winona Ryder had a line I couldn't stop cracking up.

    ReplyDelete
  29. THAT IS STUNNING! so well done!
    love your blog !
    follow me? www.aliceroxy.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete