Dog days are over: inspiration

With the last few weeks of fall-like weather, I'm losing hope: summer seems to be over for another year. I'm trying to keep my faith for september, but I don't think summer has another few weeks of hot hot heat in store for us. This makes me sad. And confused: all I want to wear is cute dresses and shorts and very little fabric, but my legs get goosebumps even thinking about it! So let us dive into some faux-fall inspiration.

 source: http://fancytreehouse.blogspot.com

The perfect little casual polkadotted dress, easily translated into fall by wearing it with a long cardi and a trenchcoat. Keeping the warmer layers on top allows you to keep the legs more summer-appropriate, without socks and with open shoes.

source: lookbook


source: The Stylish Wanderer

I really want menswear inspired pants that have narrow enough legs to be cuffed, but are loose enough not to feel clingy and sweaty when the temperatures do suddenly rise a bit or when the sun decides to come out and play. These would be perfect, and I would wear one of my bustiertops underneath the blouse to up the versatility of the look: shed the blouse to handle unexpected heat!

 source: lookbook

wearing summer's skirts and shorts with fall's sweaters and boots - but without tights - keeps you warm when mornings and evenings are cool, but your bare legs still give you a bit of a summer feeling. Especially when they're tan and when your sweater and boots have colors not typically associated with fall. Take a bright colored or white sweater and use tan boots instead of blacks or fallcolors to keep the look fresh.

 source: http://fancytreehouse.blogspot.com

wear a light, preferably seethrough skirt of a slightly longer length over your minidresses to keep your legs warmer. The peek-a-boo effect keeps the look fun and summery!

source: http://fancytreehouse.blogspot.com

if you wear a flower crown in your hair, ANY outfit will get a slice of summer injected into it. Parkas and knit sweaters will instantly look ready for a watery Belgian summer when you wear those hippie adornments on your head!

Feeling inspired?

6 comments

  1. Im loving these inspirations especially the first one. And believe it or not where i live i couldnt wear any of these outfits because it is tooo hot :( we should trade places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik haaaaaat het weer! =(

    leuke outfits! Zeer inspirerend =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D These are good ideas for some transitional outfits. (Still in the summer phase here: I'd gladly give Ohio's heat to Belgium for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and inspiring outfits! I just feel like I need new shoes now :D
    I actually wore black polka-dotted dress with a beige cardigan yesterday, so it was a very similar outfit to the first one.
    The summer is back here today! Hopefully it stays for some days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and inspiring outfits! I just feel like I need new shoes now :D
    I actually wore black polka-dotted dress with a beige cardigan yesterday, so it was a very similar outfit to the first one.
    The summer is back here today! Hopefully it stays for some days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D These are good ideas for some transitional outfits. (Still in the summer phase here: I'd gladly give Ohio's heat to Belgium for you.)

    ReplyDelete