Musty





A slightly more boring outfit today. Good outfit days are totally a double edged knife: you look good that particular day, but the next day will probably be an inspirationless day and having to chronicle every outfit on a blog makes you doubt every choice you make and forces you to do some sort of mental comparison between outfits to see if I’m keeping up the standard or not. Sometimes I try to remember what it was like back when I didn’t post my outfits every day and got all into fashion. It seems so long ago, but if I compare my outfits from when I just started blogging on chictopia just a year ago with my outfits today, my style has evolved so much. My outfits were so ordinary and normal most of the time back then. Do you guys ever think of “before” fashion defined such a big part of your life? I can hardly remember the days I’d settle on a top and a pair of jeans when I had gotten out of the shower. I would never ever do that anymore today. I might just grab tights and a dress if I was feeling terribly sick, but I’ve actually come to the point where I wouldn’t feel like I was being “me” if I’d just wear jeans and a t-shirt. Is that pathetic? I’ve never had hobbies before this fashion thing happened, maybe everyone who gets way into a hobby ends up like this? I’m probably just overthinking my blogging because I stumbled upon Julie & Julia yesterdaynight during a late night drive through my televised landscape. I thought I wouldn’t like it because it’s such a typical chick flick, but I did. I love Meryl Streep and I love food, so I should’ve know I’d like it. I totally want Julia Child’s kitchen(preferably along with a house in Paris). And her cooking skills of course.
ANYWAY this is my outfit, I wanted to wear my vintage coat and be comfortable so this is what I came up with. Not too bad, not too good. Thanks for all your lovely feedback on my last post! Enjoy your day :)


 coat, shorts: vintage
scarf, tights: Pimkie
sweater: H&M
boots: Sacha

20 comments

  1. I love the outfit :)
    I don't think its is boring at all just, comfy and cute. Your coat is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not pathetic at all. blogging has made me think a lot more about my outfit and how i put stuff together, and especially accessories and colour. lol. I love a simple outfit, but it still has to have some sort of snaz about it. You always look lovely though, unique and adorable :)
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that coat!! And I feel the same way...now that I post all of my outfits it challenges me more and I am more conscious of my choices. This time last year I was in jeans and hoodies every day
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shorts and tights! That coat looks nice and warm :) Glad to see you are feeling better now! I have been stuck in a style rut lately, but I am finally just letting go and wearing what I want to without reservations :)

    Sarah Jane R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your tights, really!
    -Nico-
    wekeepsearching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love denim shorts are sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfit.

    Following your blog now, hope youll want to follow mine too : )

    www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what it is but I find the color of your tights so intriguing... great use of color! love that coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud your everyday posting habits and I enjoy everything you post! Even this, which you say is boring, is still fabulous in my book. You have a lot of high-impact pieces, so they definitely go a long way even in a casual outfit.

    I think it depends on your goal. I only browse chictopia if I'm in a funk with my own wardrobe. I don't post my outfits everyday, only when I feel like it's something worth sharing. I dress fabulously when I feel like it, but still have those jeans + t-shirt days when I can't be bothered with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute coat! Great look.

    http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look because you can close your coat and look all prim and then open it and be wearing cutoffs :D

    I'm totally the same way. I feel so guilty when I wear something boring unless I have a compelling reason to. Fashion blogging has really taken over my miiiiiiind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look because you can close your coat and look all prim and then open it and be wearing cutoffs :D

    I'm totally the same way. I feel so guilty when I wear something boring unless I have a compelling reason to. Fashion blogging has really taken over my miiiiiiind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute coat! Great look.

    http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what it is but I find the color of your tights so intriguing... great use of color! love that coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great outfit.

    Following your blog now, hope youll want to follow mine too : )

    www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love denim shorts are sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color of your tights, really!
    -Nico-
    wekeepsearching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that coat!! And I feel the same way...now that I post all of my outfits it challenges me more and I am more conscious of my choices. This time last year I was in jeans and hoodies every day
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete