Sunset, Flatforms


top: Forever21 - shorts: H&M - flatforms: Ebay - watch: c/o Swatch - friendship bracelet: VillageGalleryDesign via Etsy


I missed another night yesterday after a BBQ that lasted well into the evening and just left me too tired to blog. Sorry! But here I am, with a colourful, holiday-esque outfit. This reminds me of something Rihanna might wear, slightly Caribbean with some funky influence in the form of these flatforms.

My mind has started making the switch to Fall to prepare myself for the inevitable drop of temperatures after the beautiful weeks of summer we've enjoyed up until now. Sometimes, the glass SEEMS half full if you imagine it to be half empty!

Another job interview today. Super excited about it, I hope I get a chance to prove myself. Can't wait to tell you guys all about it, but that would be a bit awkward if I don't get it so hang in there! :-D

Btw I washed my hair with baking soda (some baking soda, a bit of water, rub it in, rinse and done) before taking these pictures, and while it left my ends rather dry (conditioner is a must!!), it also kept my hair non-greasy for about a week. After that week I washed it with regular shampoo, and I definitely had the impression that my hair stayed clean longer that time as well. I'm going to keep experimenting with it and will let you know. Any experience/tips?

15 comments

  1. Ik ben ZO jaloers op uw flatforms!! Ik vind er maar geen die mij 100% aanstaan.. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. koop die van mij dan! vind je nog op ebay :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking soda is great for your hair! I went "no-poo" recently and find that it helps my hair stay cleaner longer! If you look it up, you'll find that lots of people have written about their experiences and tips with it. I highly recommend replacing conditioner with an Apple Cider Vinegar/Water mixture. If you do the baking soda and then follow it with the vinegar, it neutralizes your scalp and makes your hair more manageable. However, I've found that sometimes the baking soda dries out my curly hair, so I skip it or use a little bit of regular conditioner to make my hair easier to de-tangle. It's a little weird at first, but definitely worth a try :) -Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Canvas-Platform-Sneakers-Tennis-shoes-Black-White-Red-Blue-Pink-Yel-US-6-8-/140729924838?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item20c4283ce6 hierzo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the tips! the vinegar didn't condition the ends enough and made my roots a bit greasy, the conditioner worked better for me :) it's about finding what works for your hair I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so I was on the fence about this pair of flatforms I wanted. (My arguments in my head were numerous!) But now I HAVE TO HAVE THEM. You just embody summertime ease and are so chic.

    Why the baking soda? Is this good for greasy roots?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nu heb ik nog meer zin om naar turkije te vertrekken! <3

    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this top! Your whole outfit is really great and I love how playful you are with your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. no chemicals, doesn't strip the natural oil from your hair but does remove product buildup. I'd say google it and try it out if it sounds interesting! also, supercheap :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never known that I could wash my hair with baking soda! I have to try this sometime. And good luck on your job interview! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    By the way, you're really really really ridiculously good looking in these pics (insert Zoolander's face here).
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with the top and shorts and good luck with the job interview too. Haven't tried baking soda on my hair.

    ReplyDelete