Ombre Bleach, Platforms



jacket: c/o La Petite Marmoset - shorts: vintage Levi's - boots: Ebay - top: c/o Wild Doll - watch: c/o Swatch - bracelet: Village Gallery Design


I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes a girl just needs to dress like Miley Cyrus. And of all the crazy outfits I've gone out in the past years, this one probably garnered the most attention in my quiet little town. The whole cute, quirky vintage thing I used to do gets accepted a lot easier than this sort of sexy, edgy look I guess. 

Not that it surprises me that a girl who embraces her sex appeal seems to give people the impression that they have the right to give their opinion on her (if you can even call stares and wolf whistles an opinion, that is). I would be lying if I'd say it doesn't get to me when everyone looks at me like they think I'm a tramp. It gets your confidence down, sways you to view things their way. "Maybe I do look a bit slutty?". Fuck that, sex isn't a dirty thing and having a sexy body is nothing to be ashamed of. So why should we feel obligated to cover it up? That should be an option, not a must.

I understand that people don't always get this, but I'd wish everyone would just refrain from judging people so easily. LOVE AND PEACE, YO!


That being said, I think I look like a total badass in this outfit.


17 comments

  1. You look HOT indeed! Sexy shortssssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the jacket
    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, nice shorts
    http://mangelmoes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post too much I even RT'ed in twitter. You look smokin' hot and I totally agree with every word you said. Amen.


    BTW, you have a resemblance with Andie Torres of StyleScrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even get why this look should cause controversy (or be considered trampy). I mean, every girl barring the twee-est of vintage ones has a pair of denim cutoffs, right?


    Anyway, that aside, wolf-whistles and that general way of expressing an "opinion" piss me off no end. Pre-my time in Mexico I ignored it like most girls, now I'm inclined to stick my head through the truck window and give the jerks a good talking down.


    Probably it would make more of an impression if I was more badass though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conservative Belgium, tell me something 'bout it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geweldige outfit! I really really really love it!!!!! En sorry maar slutty?? noo noo noo

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's the second time someone's told me that today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! it must be the cutoffs though, because I wore those a few weeks ago when it was super hot with a sleeveless blouse, and people were staring at me like I was the harbinger of doom. For real. They're not even that short or low cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vreemd dat dit de meeste aandacht trekt in jouw dorpje, ik vind hier eigenlijk nx speciaal of overdreven sexy aan. Leuk shortje en jasjeeeee!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super leuk en totaal niet 'slutty'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik vind totaal niet dat je er sletterig uitziet, maar een meer "I kick ass" attitude. Je hebt gewoon mooie benen en wrm zou je ze dan niet mogen laten zien? Als ik mijn denim short draag is het ook altijd van dat. En nochtans hou ik me strikt aan mijn "bare body" regel: korte rok of short, dan bovenlichaam bedekt en vice versa.
    En ik snap heel goed dat je je op dat moment onzeker voelt, maar ik probeer ook gewoon meer "fuck that" te zeggen. Mensen zullen altijd wel een reden vinden om u eruit te pikken en commentaar te geven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you got it, flaunt it, honey!
    And I'm totally digging the platforms.


    x Krizia


    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Top outfit! Echt leuk :-)


    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. dat weet ik ook wel hoor, en zelfs als het boobs + legs zou zijn zou iemand nog gewoon zo rond mogen lopen zonder respect te verliezen, maar het raakt je toch. Hoe meer mensen reageren, hoe meer je het gevoel krijgt dat IEDEREEN kijkt. Het is vooral zo frustrerend omdat ik het me toch aantrek soms, vooral als mijn outfit iets bloter is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so amazed by that last picture! OMFG you look sooooo RAD! <3 Crush to the 3rd!


    And I get the whole self-doubt for a few seconds, it's hard sometimes to get back to the fuck it, I look good - mood...


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. you totally look like a total badass in this outfit! I don't think it's too sexy or slutty either... I see lots of sluttier (is that a word?) outfits around, even when I take a walk..... Yours is classy badass, I tell!

    ReplyDelete