Lemons, Beatles, Denim

dress: Primark - sandals: Sac d'Anvers - jacket, T-shirt: H&M - sunglasses: ASOS - watch: c/o Swatch


Last week, me and one of my old classmates got together in Antwerp for cocktails (hers), beer (me) and talks about romantic mishaps and successes (hers) and professional struggles (mine). You met her before, and I'm sure you'll see her making an appearance again.

Sadly I didn't get the chance to photograph Eline's look, but we both wore colorful summer dresses. I accessorized with a Beatles T and my denim jacket, to tone down the romantic, vintage prom vibe of my lovely lemon dress (you might remember I struggled with this before!). It can be a challenge to wear a printed dress without your entire outfit being defined by it, but I think I pulled it off here. 

SO, lesson for today: layering a jacket and a top over your dress IS A COOL LOOK.

15 comments

  1. cool look is het zeker!


    www.denbelle.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat kleedje is echt super!! En vind het kei leuk dat je er een topje en jasje hebt over gedaan. Leuke outfit! Damn ik wil nog wat zomers weer!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still adore that dress, but love how u totally turned it with a different look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you for that dress. Heeeel leuk gecombineerd met dat vestje & t-shirt. Jeansvestjes maken alles zooo veel cooler!

    jesuisvirginie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is super adorable and fun!! I love this whole look. It's laid back, chic, and outgoing!


    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress!
    http://mangelmoes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you styled the dress as a skirt!! This look is one of my favorites of yours :D (Woohoo for the Beatles)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did here! you totally rocked an uneasy print dress, kudos for that! I like how it now looks casual. That's the proof there's a second life even for dresses like this one :D
    And yay to the Beatles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is so adorable, I love how you've styled it with the shirt on top!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have the exact same shirt!! Mine's given by my blogger friend. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superleuk jurkje en ik blijf ook fan van denim jasjes (wil er zelf eentje)

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een heerlijke combo, girly en rock'n roll!


    http://myfashionfrenzy.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man I love this! The Beatles top is perfect layered over your lemon print dress. The denim jacket looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete