Dark Lip, High Waist


  t-shirt: old - jeans: thrifted - boots: Sacha - sunglasses: H&M - watch: c/o swatch - necklace: c/o Diamanti Per Tutti


When I went thrifting a few weeks ago, one of my finds were these ridiculous trousers. Ultra high rise, skinny and 90s all the way. And they fit me like a glove! I couldn't believe my luck when I found them for 2€. Never worn, tags were still attached. 

OK yes they are borderline ugly and all straight up ridonkulous, but I love love love them. Not the sort of denim you can find in stores these days: exactly the reason why I love thrifting so much. Reminds you of how much things like cut and shape change, even when something like "a pair of jeans" has been considered a classic for decades.

I styled them the only way I could: with some intensely 90s burgundy lipstick. Courtney Cox would be proud. The pink boots add a bit of minimalist Scandinavia to the outfit, or so I tell myself. The t-shirt has holes in it and is actually not that pretty at all, but I was wearing it so yeah that's what happened.

How do you feel about these crazy pants? And about dark lipstick?


21 comments

  1. Deze kleur lippenstift staat je erg mooi! En ik vind je jeans ook erg tof!


    www.fashiable.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing shoes!

    check eFoxcity.com giveaway on my blog: http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/2012/09/efoxcity-100-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind dat deze jeans geweldig bij u staat. En de lippen.. doet me denken aan mijn mama als ik klein was, dat was hot in die dagen.. en eigenlijk nu ik dat zo bij u zie.. love it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely jeans!!!! Needless to speak about the lipstick!
    Fabulous colour :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you could pull this off...I think you look amazinggggg!!! The lipstick is the perfect finishing touch! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. De jeans is echt geweeeeeeeeeldig!


    www.denbelle.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both! Ik ben op zoek naar een high waist broek met brede pijpen.. :p En de donkere lippen staan je super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love them mom jeans! :-D En die lipstick is ook echt PRACHTIG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je ziet er idd meganineties uit maar ik vind het wel leuk! De broek, het T-shirtje en de lipstick = good match!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super broek, helemaal niet zo ridiculous, ik zoek al een tijdje een broek met een écht hoge taille (die zitten sowieso goed) en skinny pijpen! En dan liefst ergens tweedehands, iets voor €2 zie ik wel zitten. Dus ik zeg: helemaal JA!
    http://mangelmoes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zalige broek :) enkel had ik ze niet in combinatie gedragen met wedges, zeker zo leuk met brogues ofzo.. en de lippenstift is ook echt stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kind of like them on you. It's the kind of jeans my mother tends to wear, even though I tell her they're too old :-D
    The whole t-shirt thing works, me thinks, ugly is the new pretty if you check Lookbook :-D


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. These jeans, ridiculous?! Why?? I actually think they're awesome. I've been looking for a pair just like these for AGES!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  14. The jeans are awesome. They remind me of Jesse from Saved By The Bell. Ah, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are SO high waisted! :D But I've been wanting a similar pair too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ook een optie! ik wou gewoon een funky kleurtje toevoegen :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your new jeans! Such a great find! They really do fit you perfectly. I'm loving your pink boots paired with them too. And your purple lipstick is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not fond of high-rise pants like this, but you make everything look good. Not fair. And the dark lips= LOVE. You look amazing in dark lipstick!

    ReplyDelete