Black On White On Black On White

I had promised my mom and sis to host them a BBQ on one of the last beautiful summer afternoons of this year, so last week I invited the fam over for a day of thrifting, prepping and BBQing. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, one of the most beautiful sunny days we've had this year, and we had an absolute blast sorting through racks and racks of clothes, looking for the gems among the rubble. 

My mom hogged a chair with all of our purses while my sis took refuge in the changing room, and I just kept going back and forth with new finds until I had pretty much scouted the entire store. I was looking for denim: a denim jacket to DIY into a vest and pants to turn into shorts. I found everything I had been looking for and more! I walked home with two pairs of jeans, two denim jackets, a t-shirt and a GOREOUS faux fur coat for about 25€. WIN.

I seriously cannot stress enough how everyone should visit their local thrift stores or second hand centres. It's good for the environment! Most of the time, the profits go to charity! THERE ARE AMAZING PIECES TO BE FOUND FOR 2€!



Detail of the gorgeous coat I found for my sister. The cut is sensational, can't wait to see it pressed and restored to its former glory!


Hand painted flower pot slash pillar. Rad.


Cute and creepy toys


My sister's EPIC BOOTY in a pair of thick leggings she picked up

And this is what I wore. Summer all the way!


top: vintage via Think Twice - shorts, sandals: H&M - sunglasses: Ebay - nailpolish: 2B cosmetics - watch: c/o Swatch

Thanks to my sister for taking these beautiful pictures!


PS: how are you liking my new header? I'm making new changes to my lay out, planning to change my side buttons as well. Getting ready for fall.

15 comments

  1. Misschien de 'who?' 'contact?' enzovoort iets groter zodat ze beter leesbaar zijn? Voor de rest kick ass!
    Naomi -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new header. Lately I'm gravitating towards anything simple or minimal but I'm not too sure if it shows on my blog post or even blog lay-out. Got no patience for it but would really love to give my blog a face lift. Soon.


    Also, I love this outfit. I like showing some skin too and I know there's nothing wrong with that. Haha. I got myself re-reading The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ik zal erover nadenken, maar ik vind ze wel goed leesbaar eigenlijk :D dankjewel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just get to this point where I feel like I need to change it NOW and then I do it, in a short amount of time. It's very easy once you get the hang of it! And skin = love :D I've never read that book, I should!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha oftewel mag je m'n comment negeren oftewel is je font net stiekem groter geworden :D Die beschilderde paal wil ik later trouwens in m'n huis!
    Naomi -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. ik heb naar je geluisterd! :D kweenie waarom ik de lettergrootte niet had veranderd eigenlijk, de vorige keer heb ik het ook proberen uitlijnen in dezelfde lengte als mijn header. Dus dankjewel voor de reminder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to create a fall look for my blog. I love your new header! It's so funky and fun, and reflects how your style has evolved so perfectly!
    Ah, I just went thrifting today. Bought four skirts, five books, and two belts for $7. It was awesome.
    You are possibly the only person ever who can wear crop tops and look that adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you use html coding and css in editing your blog? I just used the template from blogger and tweaked it a bit but I want something more simple than my current lay-out. Any tips? =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so so cute! I love your print mixing in that black and white outfit. It's so summery and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've changed a few HTML things after googling, just tweaking tiny portions like you said, but my base is the normal blogger template!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really started appreciating my ass the last month or so. BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE. :-D Ik vind het nog steeds echt een super leuke outfit van je, de zwartwit prints bij elkaar vind ik echt mooi. En ik vind het leuk om foto's te maken voor je! Ze zijn weer errug goed gelukt! Vooral de foto van je haar vind ik vet. En je nieuwe bloglook is mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. waarom niet eerder al! hij is AWESOME :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect outfit!!!! And really curious to see ur fuur!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's totally your style, I'm sure you'll love it! :D

    ReplyDelete