90s Inspirations, Club Kid Boots and Beanies

dress: Zara, altered - denim vest: thrifted, altered - boots: vintage via Lucky Vintage Seattle - beanie: Ebay

Three of my favorite new pieces are featured in this outfit: my new beanie (a recent 90s obsession of mine), the denim vest I thrifted and studded myself and my AMAZING 90s vintage club kid boots. I've been wearing the boots almost daily since I received them and they are AWESOME and comfortable and unlike anything you find in stores nowadays.

Let me tell you the story of these boots. A few weeks ago, I fell in love with a certain look on Lookbook.nu. I had seen the blogger in the picture many times before since she is a popular blogger, and when one reaches that status their image floats around the internet forever more. 

This time, the aesthetics of her look made me click through to her blog, hoping to find more awesomeness. And boy, did I. Not only is Madeline stylish as FUCK, she is also an amazing writer and a very intelligent, inspiring woman (and fellow feminist). DO follow her blog, if you aren't doing so already! Best blog I've come across in a long, long time.

ANYWAY, I fell hard for her style with every new look I scrolled down to, and inspiration started filling my empty little heart. I wanted to make that look my own. Starting with her 90s Club Kid boots


Off to Etsy I went. After a bit of browsing, I fell for these boots I found over at Lucky Vintage Seattle, and due to a stroke of fortune the seller was a fan of my blog! She sent over the boots as a gift, I only had to pay for the shipping. But I totally would have bought them either way. AND! Lucky Vintage Seattle turns out to be a sponsor of Jean Greige as well! This was clearly a case of big, fat fate.

Be sure to check out both Jean Greige and Lucky Vintage Seattle, they are SO worth it!

How do you like my 90s outfit? :-D My boyfriend thinks my boots are awesome, but he finds the beanie ridic.


PS: the drapery in my dress is caused my a knot I made on the inside of the dress (instead of the outside), inspired by this post by The Blonde Muse. I just grabbed some fabric and tied it together with a rubber band et voila! Great idea to wear your maxi dresses a different way. This dress I'm wearing normally reaches all the way down to my feet.

15 comments

  1. This is so awesome! Caryn at Lucky Vintage is such a rad gal. I'm so happy that you found her, and so honored to have been your inspiration for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS that offer to marry me still stands. SO glad you are fighting the good fight btw, your last post was amazing comme usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is widely popular on the internet these days, though Belgium is behind on it, as it is always. Loving the look on u, darling! 90's look is so fun to experiment with and is one of my favorites for the winter, 'cause of the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO sick and tired of this look for years, it was already mega popular when I first started blogging (fashion toast etc were starting to get huge then) and I always liked it but it felt so overdone. I think it was the blackness of it all that turned me off. I prefer the colorful youthful version we see on bloggers like Madeline! :D But you are right, I know no Belgian bloggers who sport this look. Most of them stay stuck in the "cute, girly" or "chic with pumps" sort of style. YAWN :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, being a fashion pioneer in Belgium isn't that hard :) I do prefer this look on you to the more vintage one u were sporting back when I started following. Not talking about your pretty prom dresses, but more about the thrifted looks. This makes u look like such a badass <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. what do you mean with the thrifted looks? :D I'm not into that right now either, but I'll probably love it again in a year or so :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. dien knoop is echt wel een goei trucske!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first saw Madeline in chictopia and I am so with you! She's bad-ass!


    LOVE the 90s. Miss that era. Love your look too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dat is super leuk hoe je je kleedje hebt aangepast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super leuk gedaan! 't Is inderdaad een leuke manier om een maxi eens anders te dragen, staat je goed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving those boots too! I wish I had more boots in my life. You look awesome. Madeline's outfit is awesome too! I'll be checking out her blog in just a second!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the alteration on the dress!! it's really cool! I'll agree with your boyfriend...I'm not a big beanie fan too...but it surely goes well with your look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh ik wilde net zeggen dat ik uw jurk keimooi vond maar het is dus een sort of DIY, which makes it even cooler!

    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je hebt je denim jacket supercool gepimped! Love it !

    ReplyDelete