Beauty: MAC Dazzleshadow and matte blush review

Beauty: MAC Dazzleshadow and matte blush review

I've had a lovely weekend spending quality time with my guy and enjoying a quick visit to Amsterdam, which I will tell you more about soon. First, let's check out some eye (and cheek) candy! MAC was kind enough to send me two of their dazzleshadows, and two matte blushes.

Beauty: MAC Dazzleshadow and matte blush review

When I opened the box I thought the two blushes were matte eyeshadows, because they're SO bright. But no, Saucy Miss and Never Say Never are just incredibly bright blushes. You can obviously also use them as matte eyeshadows, though. Try Me On and Let's Roll are gorgeously pigmented glitter shadows, similar to the Urban Decay Moondusts. Perfect for end of the year party makeup. 

MAC Let's Roll dazzleshadow review

Let's roll is a stunning metallic copper red base with pink shimmer.

MAC Try Me On dazzleshadow review

Try Me On is a metallic medium blue base with greenish gold glitter.

MAC Saucy Miss blush review

Saucy Miss is a neon bright orchid purple/pink, perfectly matte.

MAC Never Say Never blush review

Never Say Never is also matte, and a pink based apple red.

Beauty: MAC Dazzleshadow and matte blush review

All of these swatches are one swipe. You see how pigmented and smooth the blushes are, and how nicely they sheer out at the bottom of the swatch - no patchiness in sight! The dazzleshadows are also amazing, a VERY pigmented base with loads of glitter in there, and very little fallout. These apply best using your finger. I immediately noticed how similar Let's Roll is to Urban Decay's Element from the Moondust palette, so I had to swatch em side to side!

MAC Let's Roll vs Urban Decay Element

On the left, Let's Roll, on the right, Urban Decay Element. You see that the shadows may seem identical in the pan, but the finish is distinctly different: the MAC dazzleshadow is more pigmented, and its glitter is a bit chunkier. Moondust offers that wash of colour with super fine glitter that can be built up for a more opaque finish. The dazzleshadow gives more of a popping metallic look, while the moondust is a bit lighter, more ethereal and a bit more wearable. Also great for layering.

Let's look at these in action! Starting with the dazzleshadows. 

MAC Try Me On dazzleshadow review

I tried something different by pairing Try Me On with a warm transition shade in the crease. I don't know if I like the look that much but you see how pretty Try Me On is: it reminds me of a clear blue ocean with sunlight bouncing off it! I think this will be a fave for summer.

MAC Let's Roll dazzleshadow review

And this is Let's Roll, I used it as a transition between the lighter colour in the inner corner and the darker in the outer V. So pretty, I've been using this one a lot lately because it works so well with my favourite type of warm toned eye makeup.

Moving on to the blushes!

MAC Saucy Miss review

This is Saucy Miss, applied with a normal synthetic haired blush brush. And honestly, I had no idea I would end up loving this one so much! I mean, who looks at a bright purple and thinks "oh yeah that's going to look awesome on my pale skin"? But the colour blends so smoothly, such a pleasure to work with, that you can get the colour to look as subtle or as bright as you want it to. The cool purple becomes a beautiful pink on my cheeks, and it brightens up my complexion. I love it! Makes me reconsider my preference for neutral/peachy blushes :)

MAC Never Say Never blush review

And this is Never Say Never, the bright red. This blush is just as lovely to work with as Saucy Miss, very easy to apply sparingly, but I like it a bit less than the purple because the redness seems to play up my rosacea. If you don't have the same redness issues I have, this is a gorgeous blush for that "just had a brisk winter walk" type of look.

The small blushes retail at €18, and the dazzleshadows are €24.

Hope that review helps, let me know if there are any questions!

No comments