Chinese webshop (Shein, Zaful etc) shopping guide, wishlist and discount code


Hi babes! Winter is almost here, temperatures are dropping and holiday parties are coming up. What better time to browse Shein for some affordable, trendy options? 

People are often wary of Asian webshops, but I'm a fan. I've been a believer ever since I started browsing Ebay years ago for those fashion forward things that were only available on the cheap from Asian sellers - think platform sneakers, fluffy faux fur coats and statement sunglasses. The Belgian high street is often quite late to adopt new trends, and although I wouldn't call myself a trend setter by any means, I have always liked items that are a bit more "out there". Asian webshops are a great place to find those pieces.

I just received my latest Shein order which I'll be showing today, and I also compiled a wishlist featuring some of their cutest pieces. Enjoy!


First up is this rust colored cable knit sweater. Like most of the knits you find on Asian webshops, it's cropped rather than oversized, so I'd always suggest sizing up in knitwear. I'm wearing this sweater in a size large and I'd say it fits more like a small. The sleeves are short and the hem comes up quite high, but that doesn't mean I don't love this sweater. It's actually quite hard to find sweaters that aren't oversized in Belgian stores right now, and this more cropped/close fitting cut looks great with high waisted trousers or skirts, or over dresses. I've been wearing this sweater a lot since I got it. I'm really into brown tones (like everyone seems to be this season), and its pumpkin spice colour keeps inspiring me to pull it out of my closet to create new combinations.

Here are some other knits that caught my eye when browsing!


clockwise starting from top left: 1//2//3//4//5

Pro tip: if they show a piece on a model rather than just laid flat or on a hanger, you can expect it not to be as undersized as we have come to expect from Chinese webshops. Which means you won't have to size up!

Another piece I ordered is this awesome orange check pencil skirt.



This skirt fits true to size, I'm wearing a size medium here and that is generally my size for this type of skirt. This piece is typical of the type of item I love buying on Shein: it's not practical or comfortable enough for me to wear it all the time, so I'd refrain from spending too much money on it. Still, it's a super fun skirt to play around with and I'm happy I got to add it to my wardrobe for just $18! I rounded up a couple of other skirts that are super cute, on trend and on the cheap - perfect as a little fashionable treat for yourself to inject some playfulness into your wardrobe!

 Clockwise starting from top left: 1//2//3//4//5

Finally, I ordered this lovely glittery turtle neck dress that arrived JUST in time for me to wear it to my sister's birthday party last weekend. It's less glittery in real life versus the picture featured on the website, but I still think it's super pretty. Also very comfortable and well made - looks much more expensive than its $22 price tag! I also love that it comes in a wide range of colours. I sized up in this one as well, following user reviews, and got a large. But a medium would have fit me perfectly fine as well I think. This is a great piece for a holiday party in a more formal and not too fancy setting, like an office party or dinner with family.


You know the drill: I picked out a couple of pretty dresses that won't break the bank and will look cute at any holiday party you have coming up!

clockwise starting from top left: 1//2//3//4//5

I actually own the top left dress too and it's so nice! Definitely worth the $29 price tag. But my fav out of this bunch is probably the blazer dress, bottom left. There's something so chic about that look of wearing a blazer as a dress.
If any of these pieces have caught your attention, I still have 15% off discount code for you to use! styling15. Have fun!

No comments