A preppy outfit and prize winning butter croissants in Paris


My boyfriend and I just spent a glorious couple of days in Paris. Even if the temperatures drop, the skies are cloudy and the Eiffel Tower is shrouded in mist, this city always manages to take my breath away. On Friday we went out to get pastries at this place that was awarded the first prize in a local croissant au beurre competition and we were not disappointed. If you're ever in Quartier Latin, drop by La Maison d'Isabelle (previously named simply Boulanger Patissier) on the Boulevard Saint Germain and order everything you can eat.

Of course, we weren't satisfied with just some (amazing) croissants! I had spotted the cutest little restaurant on our way to the bakery, so we tracked back and when we saw they had eggs benedict on their breakfast menu we were sold: brunch at Loulou it was. Our waiter was cute and very friendly and the holandaise sauce was some of the best I've had. Apparently this place also has loads of options for people with gluten intolerance. Recommended!


I also met this cute little fellow waiting for its owner in front of a store.


On to more details of what I wore for this little brunch outing - because yes, I am totally that girl who will try to cram as many outfit changes into one day when she's on holiday. I know it's ridiculous but it adds glamour to my life and honestly, if you have as many clothes as I do, you really just want to give each of your favourite pieces the opportunity to make an appearance in Paris.
 dress, pearl beret: Shein - belt: Gucci - boots: c/o Ras shoes

I really think this dress is so cute - the double breasted, blazer-type cut and the yelllow and blue plaid print give it all these Clueless vibes and I've always loved a good schoolgirl fashion reference. Even though the trend has this sexualization-of-minors side to it. Patriarchy always manages to ruin a good thing, right?? I got it for $22 on Shein. Don't forget I have a 15% off discount code for you to use if you see anything you like: "styling15"!

PS, this was our Quartier Latin Airbnb: affordable, spacious, not too many flights of stairs to climb with our over packed suitcases and smack dab in the middle of a student neighborhood which means it has an abundance of fun bars and restaurants.
 

And these boots are to die for, right?? Hands down my favourite footwear brand. 
A bit of a random post, but I hope you liked it regardless!

No comments